Manufacturing Engineering Equipment Build Manager
Cette offre d'emploi n'est plus active.
Localisation: Salt Lake City, UT, États-Unis
Type de Contrat: Unfixed Term
Leads a team of highly skilled Manufacturing Engineering Technicians (Mfg Eng Techs) in a fast paced, high energy medical device manufacturing environment. Motivates the manufacturing engineering automated equipment build team and ensures activities of the team department are accomplished in accordance with BioFire’s quality system. Ensures Mfg Eng Techs are trained and understand their roles and interdependences within the team that they are assigned to.
- Team Planning, Organization, and Execution
- Work with director on team structure to support equipment build needs
- Ensure build WIDs meet the needs of the build team
- Investigate and disposition non-conforming parts
- Assign and balance assignments to team to accomplish equipment build objectives
- Identify and clear roadblocks in the build process
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure that the builds are set up for success
- Team training and development
- Ensure all manufacturing engineering managers perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of Biomerieux’s Quality System.
- Provide development path and training to support employee growth.
- Provide mentoring for team members.
- Set and review goals and objectives for manufacturing engineering managers.
- Coordination and communication
- Establish and maintain good relationships with cross functional teams, especially operations, manufacturing engineering, and materials management.
- Communicate progress and needs to department Director.
- Report on build status and timelines.
- Act as equipment build team representative in project and program level meetings.
Training and Education
BS in Engineering or Equivalent.
5+ years in related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Planning/Organizing - Must have the ability to independently and effectively plan, organize, coordinate, and follow-up on assignments.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Troubleshooting – Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ability to work with other departments to coordinate activities
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship skills; able to communicate effectively with cross functional groups at all levels of the organization, written and oral.
- Comfortable presenting to and communicating with cross-functional groups at multiple levels.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Project, Power Point, Outlook, and Excel) is required.
- Negotiation Skills
- Management of Personnel