Cette offre d'emploi n'est plus active.
Localisation: San Jose, CA, États-Unis
Type de Contrat: Unfixed Term
Fonction: Bioscience R&D
Specific is seeking a Validation and Verification (V&V) Microbiologist with experience in Research and Development. You will be a key contributor and critical to the success of the company. As part of the V&V team, you will be responsible for designing, documenting, and testing instruments and consumables to support company’s product lines. You will be responsible for writing specifications, testing protocols and processes that ensure that test materials/products are reliable and repeatable. As part of the Microbiology team, you will help build up toward commercial readiness of our products, and will execute laboratory functions as listed below:
· Drive all V&V testing for new instruments, AST panels and consumables.
· Process biological specimen samples using aseptic technique and lab safety protocols.
· Perform microbiological examinations for the detection and identification of pathogenic bacteria from blood cultures
· Working independently and as a member of a cross-functional team to support microbiology research and development
· Write protocols, reports, SOPs, work instructions, and other V&V documents
· Perform other quality control procedures to assure the operational accuracy of the equipment and test reproducibility
The job requires knowledge and proficiency in standard microbiological methods such as dilution and enumeration of microorganisms, stocking frozen strains, isolation, and identification of pathogenic microorganisms, preparation and sterilization of culture media, aseptic techniques, components of culture media, and impact on growth.
We are adding only the most exceptional talent to our outstanding team of engineers and scientists. You should have a track record of success in your education and projects, along with the following characteristics and skills:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Microbiology or related science discipline with relevant microbiology experience (preferred).
· Self-motivated with proven proficiency in data analysis, research design, troubleshooting, and evaluation of new technologies and procedures.
· Minimum, 1 year of laboratory bench experience required. Industry experience preferable.
· Knowledge of accepted clinical laboratory practice and procedures including handling of potentially infectious material (preferred).
· Experienced with the standard tools and methods of microbiology, such as pipetting, plating, identification, media preparation etc.
· Strong focus and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize accuracy while following best practices in a fast-paced industrial laboratory environment.
· Authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, full fluency (verbal and written) of the English language is a must.
· Knowledge of computer skills, quality control, and instrument maintenance is a plus.
· Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Temporary
· 8-hour shift
· Monday to Friday
· Evening/Weekend availability is a plus
· Bachelor's (Preferred)
· Microbiology: 1 year (Preferred)
· Laboratory Experience: 1 year (Required)