Custodian (Multiple Shifts Available) – Urgently Hiring!!
Benefits at bioMerieux:
- Day shift sign-on bonus of $300 on the first paycheck and $300 after 6 months of employment
- Night shift sign-on bonus of $500 on the first paycheck and $500 after 6 months of employment
- 11 paid holidays
- 160 hours of paid time off
- 401k retirement plan
- Low-cost medical insurance that starts on day one
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite cafeteria with a daily food stipend
- Annual bonus
Competitive shift differential pay starting at $16 up to $18.88, including shift differentials.
Multiple shift options available:
- Sunday-Thursday: 10:00pm - 6:30am MT
- Monday-Friday: 3:00pm – 11:30pm MT
- Friday-Monday: 6:00pm – 4:30am MT
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network. This includes our SLC site, formerly known as BioFire Diagnostics.
We are currently looking for motivated and reliable custodians to clean and maintain our buildings. Come join our team!!!
- Clean in manufacturing/clean room environments and labs where PPEs or other gowning and entrance/exit procedures must be followed.
- Responsible for cleaning entryways, hallways, bathrooms, offices, and indoor/outdoor common areas.
- Cleaning floors includes vacuuming, sweeping, moping, and using a floor scrubber.
- Clean and disinfect restrooms including urinals/toilets, countertops, walls, sinks, and showers, and replenish restroom supplies.
- Emptying and removing trash from garbage cans inside and outside and disposing of as directed.
- Dust and clean windows, blinds, vents, furniture, and mirrors.
- Ensure that all office lights are turned off and office doors are secured after completing cleaning duties.
- Responsible for completing assigned duties under general supervision.
- May assist in setting up furniture and equipment for special events as scheduled by the department.
- Clean and maintain custodial equipment.
- Report any problems, damage or building repairs needed to facilities management immediately.
- Complete daily reports and/or cleaning logs.
- Request needed custodial supplies and restock supply closet as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Training and education:
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate in English and pass a basic English test.
- Must be willing and able to participate in regular training on a computer.
You know you’re qualified if you have:
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- High attention to detail and follow through.
- Receive and follow verbal/written instructions and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrate effective teamwork with all staff.
- Ability to follow job assignments completely and efficiently.
- Ability to operate custodial equipment such as vacuum cleaners and buffers.
- Basic Computer email and data entry skills.
- Knowledge of SDS (Safety Data Sheets), cleaning products and their methods of use.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, ethnic background, and maintain good working relationships throughout the company.
- Experience in custodial work in environments such as hospitals, clean rooms or manufacturing settings a plus
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs, and move freely throughout the building
- Ability to pick up and carry 40 pounds regularly
- Ability to stand/walk for prolonged period of time
About the company:
At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a Custodian on our team!