The world is facing a medical crisis, bacteria are increasingly evolving resistance to even our strongest antibiotics. The problem is already very real and immediate; for example, bloodstream infection leading to sepsis is now responsible for more than half of all deaths in hospitals and is the most expensive condition treated in hospitals. Sepsis mortality rate increases >6% every hour without effective antibiotic treatment. Yet, despite the life and death urgency, and healthcare cost impacts, current methodologies require 3 days to determine the correct antibiotic.
Specific Diagnostics, a bioMerieux company, has developed a breakthrough solution to rapidly determine the effective antibiotic treatment for bloodstream and other acute infections. Used for bloodstream infection Specific’s solution provides results 2 days sooner than existing methods, saving patients suffering from drug-resistant infection.
The Senior Administrative Assistant will be responsible for initiating and coordinating a wide variety of administrative support functions required for supporting a high-paced professional business operation. Duties require initiative, attention to detail, and the ability to adapt to frequently changing situations with sensitivity to confidential and propriety information. The successful candidate is one who conducts the duties with professionalism and integrity. This position normally reports to the head of US Marketing Communications. In addition, this position will also support other members of the US Marketing Communications team.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy.
- Prepares documents and reports from general instructions. Uses Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook). Provide administrative assistance and support to leadership, such as writing and editing e-mails, drafting memos, preparing communications, and assisting with creating PowerPoint slides/presentations.
- Prepares Purchase Orders and contracts and ensures payment within the PO process. Perform minor accounting duties, including tracking department and leadership spending and completing and submitting expense reports in compliance with company policy and guidelines.
- Facilitates new team member onboarding in conjunction with the hiring manager.
- Arranges team travel
- Handles confidential correspondence and documents; assembles data from various sources and compiles reports. Maintain comprehensive and accurate records.
- Provides schedule and calendar management. Schedule and support department meetings, including scheduling meeting rooms, confirming internal and external attendees, recording minutes, action items, and key decisions.
- Manages inventory of and replenishes office supplies
- Maintains inter-department organization charts and department master calendar.
- Prioritizes emails and phone calls.
- Assists with special projects.
- Collecting and preparing information for meetings.
- Provide customer service.
- Performs other related administrative duties as required.
Training and Education:A college degree in a relevant field and/or Secretarial or Business School Training is preferred but the equivalent professional experience is acceptable.
Experience working in a fast-paced, demanding environment with many projects, numerous simultaneous information sources, and a multitude of processes and protocols while instilling a calm, confident, and consistently positive and upbeat environment.
- Minimum of four years of administrative assistant experience.
- Must be able to meet all requirements of the administrative assistant position.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, email, and web search engines.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work with confidential information always maintaining its confidentiality.
- A demonstrated trait of emotional intelligence
- Ability to function equally under own initiative and under instruction
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines from a variety of managers and directors while paying attention to multiple details.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Extreme attention to detail
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Can contribute positively to the team with a helpful and kind attitude
- Ability to adjust to changes in scheduling, and general flexibility in the work environment
- Ability to stay positive and calm in stressful situations