bioMérieux is a fast growing and profitable biotech company with a great opportunity for a Software Engineer that is interest in data engineering and software development. This engineer will be joining a team of DevOps engineers to support the research and development at bioMérieux. The candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with our Data Analytics, Data Science and BioMath groups to gather user needs.
- Collaborating with Software Development and DevOps to design, development and implementation of solutions to aggregate disparate internal data sources.
- Collaborating with the analysis and software engineering teams to implement data analysis pipelines.
- Collaborating with Data Scientists, Data Architects, Software Developers and DevOps on creating processes and tools for testing and validation of data and pipelines.
- Collaborating with Software Development and DevOps to optimize, monitor, maintain and update data solutions (both underlying data structure and delivery method) for use by analysis teams and reporting systems.
The candidate must have strong analytic, programming and database skills. The candidate will be embedded in the software department but will have close collaboration with multiple departments at bioMérieux. Therefore, the candidate must have strong communication skills and desire to work in a highly collaborative environment.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with the following:
- A minimum of a B.S. in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Data Science, Bioinformatics/Computational Biology, etc.
- 0+ years industry experience in software development, IT, IS or related fields
- Excellent programming and problem-solving skills
- Development experience with relational database structures, multi-dimensional databases and data warehouse design and architecture
- Familiar with cloud hosted solutions
- Good communication, writing and presentation skills