bioMerieux is seeking a Systems Support Specialist to join our team. The Systems Support Specialist (SSS) provides applications and technical support for bioMerieux products networking connectivity and utilization, along with general software and applications support for customers and distribution partners. The System Support Specialist assists with the following:
- Maintenance and support of bioMerieux software, LIS software, connectivity, and utilization
- Computer networking and information system security questions.
- bioMerieux software maintenance and upgrades.
- System troubleshooting and general questions.
- Serves as liaison for the customer support organization to software development stakeholders.
The System Support Specialist will utilize the complaint handling and suggestion tracking process to accurately record, track, and trend existing or novel failure modes that are reported, and work towards a timely and satisfactory resolution. The System Support Specialist assists customers, LIS vendors, the customer support organization, and bioMérieux’s distribution partners. The System Support Specialist serves as a customer advocate with internal project teams and will be actively involved in product development, improvement, transfer, and release.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of its Quality System.
- Respond promptly and accurately to calls or e-mails regarding product applications support or technical issues related to bioMerieux's products or other systems, hardware, or software related inquiries. Applications support includes assistance with product verification, product updates, training, explanation of results mapping/interpretation, and other technical questions.
- Responsible for initiating, managing and resolving customer complaints. System Support Specialist will also determine if a complaint qualifies for reporting to applicable regulatory bodies. System Support Specialist will also determine if a complaint needs to be escalated for further investigation requiring the expertise of other departments.
- Carry a company mobile phone and be available after-hours support as necessary.
- Support existing customers with additional training and technical assistance as needed or as product enhancements are launched that require additional training or implementation.
- Provide feedback and customer suggestions to marketing managers or other development teams targeted at improving the overall product offering. Work closely with the regulatory, quality, and post market surveillance teams in providing feedback regarding the overall customer experience, including failure trends.
- Participate and contribute to project teams and support new product/service offerings.
- Update customer support knowledge base and frequently asked questions (FAQ).
- Meets customer support quality plan standards relative to response times to customers.
- Travel up to 20% to interface with distribution partners, customers, attend tradeshows and demonstrate products when necessary.
- Assist customer support organization with additional responsibilities such as tracking, trending, and creating reports or documenting procedures, as needed.
Training and Education
- Requires either a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, scientific, information technology or technical field, or a combination of 2 years’ equivalent experience and/or professional certifications.
- At least 1 year of professional experience IT, Systems Engineering, and/or troubleshooting and identifying hardware and software applications issues
- Experience in a customer-facing role (ideally in a clinical or technical field).
- Previous experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- Previous complaint and suggestion handling experience.
- IVD/Medical device industry experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of general IT infrastructure and networking principles.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity measures and concerns within a regulatory environment.
- Ability to understand and articulate technical concepts.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to effectively interact with lab technologists, lab supervisors, lab managers, lab directors, LIS specialists, and Information Technology (IT) personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong background or understanding of biology, infectious disease testing, and/or diagnostics.
Should be able to safely lift and maneuver up to 40 pounds.
This position is not remote.