Materials Handler Team Lead - Swing Shift (1001 Dock)
Cette offre d'emploi n'est plus active.
Localisation: Salt Lake City, UT, États-Unis
Type de Contrat: Unfixed Term
Fonction: Supply Chain
Ensures physical movement, support, and administrative tasks involved in receiving, shipping, storing, and support of raw material used for the manufacturing of goods. Specifically in real-time material replenishment support of the Manufacturing line daily. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: assisting supervisors and managers in directing and organizing daily tasks for material handlers. The avocation and use of Production Web-based Warehouse Management software, including real-time transfer, goods issue, and other transactions. Process Non-Conforming materials, cycle auditing of materials in multiple store locations, and control of perishable materials.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of its Quality System.
- Ensures real-time daily replenishment of material in a “Just in Time” manner to the customer.
- Extensive knowledge in the Kanban / Work Order, process to ensure material is pulled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Aid manager/supervisor with daily work-load duties.
- Lead/assist with departmental projects.
- Aid manager/supervisor and training coordinator in updating and creating processes.
- Collaborate with the training coordinator to ensure all material handlers are trained to appropriate WIDs and SOPs.
- Ensure accuracy of transactions, bin and location maintenance for the stocking of material.
- Utilize Production Web interface, Warehouse Management Software and mobile tools to distribute and transact material to the floor at direct movement of material. This includes the use of tablets, bar-code scanners, and label printers.
- Assist in Break down, cleaning, organizing, and prepping raw material to ensure readiness for manufacturing. To be done in accordance with procedures and production requirements.
- Ensure all material in the warehouse is stored and consumed while practicing FIFO, and QC measures are being followed.
- Assist and Lead Material Handlers with daily tasks and work schedules.
- Assist, or oversee daily team stand up meetings.
- Log, label, track, and enter material lot information into Production Web and/or MES Systems.
- Support the inventory control team with cycle counting efforts.
- Practice and teach other material handlers lean manufacturing, good housekeeping principles, and 6S.
- Maintain key performance indicators (KPI’s) that track productivity and workload.
- Coordinate, communicate, and signal replenishment of material from the various stock locations to production.
- Lead efforts in the identification, movement, and disposition of non-conforming material.
- Maintain Kanban levels and update as production requirements change.
- Receive, inspect, store, and properly control the integrity of perishable materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Training and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- APICS training preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in inventory, warehouse, and receiving.
- Materials handling experience within the medical device industry, including working with the FDA regarding control of materials for instruments and chemistry, is preferred.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of inventory control principles.
- Knowledge of warehouse management, shipping and/or, receiving functions.
- Proficient in ERP and Warehouse management software.
- Ability to proficiently use Word, Excel, and MS Office software.
- Ability to communicate effectively up and down the organization.
- Ability to learn and implement lean practices and demand flow strategies throughout the warehouse and production.
- Knowledge of and experience in the majority of applicable job skills and ability to train other employees in these areas. For example: receiving, shipping, Kanban replenishment, Six S methodology, campus deliveries, truck run, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance, which may include another person or lifting device
- Standing and/or lifting 50% of work-time