The Scheduling Supervisor will be responsible for the daily work in the scheduling team including oversight of the people, processes, and product. This position will supervise and provide support to Production Coordinators and Production Schedulers. This position will be responsible for ensuring daily tasks are complete. This position will also be responsible for supervising behavior and performance of team members and will work with the manufacturing manager to resolve issues as necessary.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of its Quality System.
- Provide daily supervision of Production Scheduling team including: correcting behavior & performance issues in real time and escalating issues to manager as needed, participate in corrective action with manager support regarding performance/behavior issues as needed.
- Participate in interviewing and hiring process as directed by the Manager.
- May assist with timesheet & PTO reviews/approvals and attendance tracking.
- Ensure teams are following processes in compliance with company policies and Quality System Regulations.
- Provide technical support to production coordinators and production schedulers as needed, work with team to adapt to changes affecting daily production schedule to ensure materials, documents and instructions are available for manufacturing teams.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of process orders in SAP to ensure inventory levels are maintained accurately.
- Responsible for revisions to the production schedules when required due to order or process changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, in collaboration with department management.
- Point of contact for questions and problems related to technical R&D builds, validation builds, or high-throughput commercial manufacturing.
- Provide on time delivery of products by ensuring production schedule is ready for manufacturing, and by resolving process/product related issues using tools such as temporary deviations, rework procedures, NCRs, validation tool, SAP, production web, etc. at the direction of the scheduling manager.
- Responsible for working with manufacturing, engineering, and QA on quality investigations including problem identification, corrective actions, data review and analysis and timely completion of documentation.
- Responsible for assisting Production Schedulers with technical issues such as training, organization workflow, and troubleshooting production issues.
- Ensure that R&D orders are scheduled correctly and that special instructions and materials are delivered to the manufacturing teams in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Operations management to identify and implement improvements to manufacturing processes.
- May serve as technical expert and contribute to decisions regarding developmental and process improvement initiatives such as automation, workflow design, and 6S.
- Exhibit a high level of organization and tremendous attention to detail in order to successfully manage this group.
- Communicate effectively with managers, other supervisors, leads and technicians.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by management.
- Must be able to perform duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
Studies and Experience
Skills and Qualifications
- A degree in Life Science or Manufacturing Operations is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in an FDA/ISO manufacturing environment with a minimum of one year of leadership experience.
- Preference given to BioFire Diagnostics/bioMerieux employees with experience in FilmArray manufacturing.
- Experience in industry and knowledge of GMP/QSR/ISO preferred.
- Knowledge of real time PCR is a plus.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication and team leadership skills.
- Ability to address and resolve employee performance and behavioral issues in a professional manner.
- General computer literacy in database, spreadsheet, and word processing software. Basic math skills.
- Ability to write reports, manufacturing procedures, and training material.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to organize, lead and evaluate the work of other personnel.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and oral formats.