The Materials Handling Supervisor is responsible for maintaining, replenishing, and auditing a centralized location or locations within a specific stock warehouse. This Supervisor will lead team leads, material handlers, delivery, and, or receiving personnel to ensure replenishment, inventory integrity, and transactional accuracy of these warehouses. The Supervisor will ensure materials remain in manageable balance against data. The supervisor will oversee receiving, perform physical and routine cycle counting, kit Kanban replenishment, and, delivering Kanban bins to production sites and bin locations if applicable. Additionally, this Supervisor will oversee and lead inter-building shipping, pick-up, and delivery of nonstandard material and intercompany mail when applicable. This Supervisor will work closely with Team Leads and Purchasing on Shortage reporting follow-up and fulfillment. This Supervisor will be required to work on off Friday’s and weekends when mandatory overtime is needed, balance workload and personnel.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of bioMerieux's Quality System.
- Oversee with existing processes and tools of the receiving function in relation to incoming material requirements, procedures, and processes.
- Oversee with existing processes and tools the stocking of material, related transactions, bin maintenance, and shelving requirements.
- Lead and guide the intercompany delivery process production and non-production of materials and intercom pay mail.
- Oversee and guide the production warehouses with existing processes and tools: their stock of materials, processes, and cycle auditing of materials in these locations.
- Help management enforce Materials Management's Attendance Policy
- Collaborate with procurement, quality, and production to ensure material and processes meet business, quality, and production requirements.
- Assist, guide and give input to upper management in employee performance reviews.
- Mentor team on the transportation and shipping of non-conforming material as directed form Material Review Board back to suppliers. Work closely with procurement, quality and the cycle audit team on tracking and performing necessary transactions including RTV’s.
- Create, Investigate and complete NCR’s
- Assist management in creating, tracking and reporting of key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Assist management in change order implementation.
- Adhere to company safety requirements and policies.
- Assist management with mentoring, coaching, and supervising employee’s performance and development.
- Hold daily meetings with team members to discuss important issues, review and delegate employee tasks.
- Institute LEAN practices for the warehouse, material handling, and receiving areas, Examples are Six S, FIFO inventory, and value stream mapping of processes.
- Work effectively with all team members the Shipping Supervisor and team to ensure finished goods are delivered to store location or shipping on time and in pristine condition.
- Support lot traceability and labeling for regulatory and Manufacturing Execution System (Production Web) processes.
- Mentor Team Leads to lead area meetings and direct daily workload for employees.
- Ensure area WID’s are accurate and up to date.
- Assist management in interviewing candidates for the team lead and material handler positions.
- Make inventory adjustments within authorized parameters.
- Create/Maintain, and train personnel to new and existing procedures.
- Lead a team of 1 to 15 personnel.
- Maintain inventory accuracy and transactional accuracy of inventory.
- Maintain Stock Inventory warehouses.
- Must have and maintain a valid Utah Driver’s License and clean driving record.
Training and Education
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- APICS training preferred.
- 2+ years’ leadership experience in inventory, warehouse, and receiving.
- Materials handling experience within the medical device industry, including working with the FDA regarding control of materials for instruments and chemistry, is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of inventory control principles.
- Knowledge of warehouse management, shipping and/or, receiving functions.
- Proficient in ERP and Warehouse management software.
- Ability to proficiently use Word, Excel, and MS Office software.
- Ability to communicate effectively up and down the organization.
- Ability to learn and implement lean practices and demand flow strategies throughout the warehouse and production.
- Knowledge of and experience in the majority of applicable job skills and ability to train other employees in these areas. For example: receiving, shipping, Kanban replenishment, Six S methodology, campus deliveries, truck run, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.’ with or without assistance, which may include another person or lifting device
- Standing and/or lifting 50% of work-time