Localisation: Salt Lake City, UT, États-Unis
Type de Contrat: Unfixed Term
This individual leads various project teams within the Engineering department. His/her main responsibility is to ensure that assigned projects are completed on schedule and meet quality objectives. This individual develops project plans, sets schedules, secures resources, makes technical decisions as necessary, provides status reports, and ensures all project documentation is completed in accordance with BFDX’s Quality System. This individual is expected to work and communicate well with team members, other departments, and Executive Management to meet the goals of assigned projects.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of the BioFire Diagnostics Quality System.
2. Develops project plans, including scheduling and milestones. Maintains these plans and schedules, updating as necessary.
3. Works with other Engineering Project Managers and Engineering Management to allocate resources for projects.
4. Provides recurring project updates to Management and other departments.
5. Manages and trains multi-discipline engineering project teams:
a) Communicates with team members and disseminates project information
b) Manages roles and responsibilities of team members, ensuring all engineers understand their role and the interdependencies within the project team
c) Motivates team members and provides incentives and morale boosters as necessary
6. Ensures projects are developed to BFDX’s design control processes.
7. Maintains project Design History File and ensure all documentation meets project and team needs, and is completed in accordance with BFDX’s Quality System.
8. Provides technical oversight of projects, and makes technical decisions as necessary to keep project on schedule.
9. Receives limited oversight from an Engineering Project Manager V. Mentors other engineers and more junior Engineering Project Managers.
10. Project Scope
11. Design History File
12. Task Assignment
13. Technical decisions
1. Project timelines (based on available resources) and task lists
2. Project resource allocation
3. Technical decisions as needed
1. This position does not have any directly reporting employees. The position does require supervising team members to ensure project work is completed on schedule and at acceptable quality levels. Teams may include engineers from EE, ME, and FW.
2. This position includes managing projects of difficult scope and complexity.
3. Minimal travel may be required.
Training and Education
Bachelor’s degree or higher required in Engineering or Management.
Project Management certification required.
• 10 years of experience in engineering, and/or project management
• Experience working in a heavily regulated industry
• Project Management
• Excellent planning
• Personnel management
• Communication, within team and among departments
• Microsoft Office, including Project, Visio, and PowerPoint
• Work Breakdown Structures
• Gantt Charts
Individual must be able to safely lift 60 lbs.