Benefits at bioMerieux:
- Sign-on bonus of $500 on the first paycheck and $500 after 6 months of employment
- 11 paid holidays
- 160 hours of paid time off
- 401k retirement plan
- Low-cost medical insurance that starts on day one
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite cafeteria with a daily food stipend
- Annual bonus
Shift Wednesday to Saturday from 3:45 pm to 2:15 am
QC Technician works in a cGMP environment performing quality control testing for commercial and diagnostics products. Responsibilities include visual inspection and testing of products. Responsibilities include working with the Manufacturing, Technology Transfer, and other departments for organization of quality-controlled materials used for QC testing and learning new techniques or workflow as required by new product lines.
This position will work in a laboratory setting and perform qualification procedures including pouch hydration, loading, and tracking under direct supervision.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Perform quality control testing on incoming reagents use in Film Array as directed by procedures.
- Responsible for learning new techniques or workflow as required for new product lines.
- Responsible for Film Array positivity and negativity testing setup, running, and tracking of pouches.
- Perform accurate and efficient QC data entry.
- Maintaining the QC area to ensure it is clean and contamination-free. This includes daily and weekly cleaning as well as weekly swabbing of the QC laboratory.
- Works closely with QC Supervisor to ensure consistent and timely turnaround for QC results within the work group.
- Maintain records as required by the Quality System.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Training and Education
- High School diploma or equivalent. College coursework in biology and/ or chemistry preferred.
- This is an entry-level position, so no previous experience is required.
- Previous in a laboratory or cGMP environment and/or QC experience is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to accurately follow both written and verbal instruction
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to maintain focus while performing repetitive tasks
- Must be able to perform duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
- Must be able to safely lift 25lbs.