At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as a POC Product Management and Marketing Intern!
Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
The POC Product Management and Marketing Intern will be responsible for assisting the Point-Of-Care Products Marketing team in executing effective marketing tactics over a 6-month period. The POC Product Management and Marketing intern will be exposed to multiple dimensions of product management, including the preparation and the execution of the launch of two innovative products in the highly dynamic Point-Of-Care market.
- The POC Product Management and Marketing Intern will work directly with the POC Product Managers on projects such as: Tactical execution, competitive Intelligence, promotional messaging, market assessment and segmentation, new product launch, marketing operations support, general Brand planning support.
- She/He will also be given the opportunity to:
- assist in analyzing and reporting of commercial KPIs
- Proactively suggest, scope, and work on projects to close defined knowledge gaps.
- Interacts with customers and internal stakeholders such as Sales, Medical Affairs, Supply Chain and Customer Service
- Additional duties/responsibilities can be expected according to business needs.
- Up to 40hrs per week internship, every other Friday is off.
Typical Studies-Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, science/business, health sciences, and/or medical device background is required
- MBA with concentration in Marketing or other related industry strongly preferred
- Requires 1+ year of experience in a marketing or other business-related discipline, or 1+ year of experience within the clinical lab discipline. Candidate currently pursuing an MBA may substitute education for experience.
- The knowledge of molecular and microbiology laboratory techniques such as polymerase chain reaction is highly desired.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work well under tight timelines
- Flexibility to adapt in a highly dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Business acumen along with demonstrated work ethic, integrity, professional conduct and appearance
- Skilled in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and proficiency with the Internet and social media
- Passionate, high energy and result oriented with creative and analytical mind
- Team player attitude: Ability to collaborate with others of various levels
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomacy and leadership skills
- Ability to travel