At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. is looking for a Point of Care Corporate Account Manager to join our growing team! The Point of Care Corporate Account Manager will establish business relationships with Accountable Care Organizations (ACO); Large physician groups; Non-Hospital health care networks; Stand-alone Emergency Room networks; and other key accounts in the assigned geography to maintain and grow new Point-of-Care and/or CLIA –waived business in accordance with Company objectives.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grow sales of/increase number of contracts for BioFire Point-of-Care (POC) products and services in large physician groups, non-hospital health care delivery networks and other key accounts in the assigned geography, in accordance with annual sales growth objectives.
- Meet and exceed annual sales objective from assigned accounts and market segments.
- Prospect, develop and implement strategies to penetrate assigned market segments to grow and maintain a prominent business presence.
- Develop sound business plan for assigned segment, in conjunction with Regional Sales Directors and POC-reps from the BioFire POC team. Forecast, plan and execute business objectives so as to meet and exceed sales goals.
- Develop, gain and maintain key C-Suite, KOL relationships in assigned segments. Hold high level business reviews and Grand Rounds with key decision makers in assigned POC segment.
- Deliver compelling value proposition by leveraging entire Company portfolio vis-à-vis customer needs where necessary (i.e., IDN –owned physician group).
- Work in a matrix environment vis-à-vis front line POC reps, POC Region Sales Directors, IDN CAMs, and Medical Education Liasons. Collaborate; coordinate in order to close business system wide.
- Maintain in-house relationship with Marketing, R&D, Service, Legal and other key functions to facilitate an environment of “easy to do business” with the customer.
- Develop and maintain key customer reference sites and relationships.
- Manage expenses within annual budget.
- Support other BioFire sales efforts such as trade shows, national GPO conventions, and regional sales meetings.
- Produce Quality Work. Exhibit accuracy, thoroughness, promptness, and consistently produce work that achieves stated results. Exhibit dependability and demonstrate commitment to quality.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
Training and Education: Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or business related field . Advanced Clinical degree or MBA preferred.
- Seven (7) years successful experience in a non-hospital health care delivery environment.
- Proven track record in a corporate selling environment involving multiple layers of decision makers and stakeholders outside of the traditional lab and/or hospital environment.
- Current business contacts with decision makers in large physician groups, non-hospital healthcare networks, ACOs, and other related target market segments to support the POC sale.
- Demonstrated understanding of the current challenges in the health care environment, including reimbursement issues; the cost of healthcare; development of non-hospital based medical treatments; HIPPA; antimicrobial stewardship, and other problems facing health care executives.
- Experience in a corporate health care and/or pharmacy network, or within a non-hospital medical treatment environment required.
- Health System, National Accounts and/or IDN negotiating and contract sales experience required.
- Healthcare Management experience is preferred
- Advanced computer skills required, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Technical/Clinical selling Competence. Understands and can explain the operation, results and benefits of the Biofire test panels in a clear and compelling manner. Understands and can clearly explain the impact of BioFire test panels on appropriate treatment options, patient outcomes and the financial and operational benefits for the client physician group or non-hospital medical treatment network.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate with all BioFire departments including field sales, finance, senior management, legal, contract admin and with key senior-level contacts in customer segment.
- Excellent presentation skills. Adept at using multi-media presentation tools.
- Problem solving skills. Anticipates problems, establishes priorities, analyzes relevant factors and develops action plans. Searches for improvement opportunities and applies new and creative solutions.
- Business acumen. This individual possesses keen business acumen. Understands the “give and take” in a business environment. Demonstrates the ability to create win/win solutions.
- Build strong relationship at the C-suite. Demonstrates an ability to create deep and wide relationships at the C-suite leading to quantifiable results.
- Negotiation skills. Demonstrates the ability to negotiate contracts and other transactions leading to win/win relationships.
- Leadership. Demonstrates the ability to direct necessary efforts to achieve company growth goals in the areas of responsibility.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment; ability to lead without authority.
- Presentation skills are essential
- Sales negotiation skills
- Communication skills required for selling and support
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Management skills
Should be able to lift 55-65 lbs. comfortably.
Should be able to manage physical requirements necessary for extensive travel.
- Extensive Travel Required: Must be available to travel across multiple states up to a weekly basis.
- Valid Driver’s License Required
This position requires successful completion of background checks, drug screens, and other such consumer reports as necessary for vendor credentialing purposes.