Project Purchasing Agent - Instruments
Cette offre d'emploi n'est plus active.
Localisation: Salt Lake City, UT, États-Unis
Type de Contrat: Unfixed Term
Responsible for managing all sourcing activities for specific assigned products in accordance with the prescribed purchasing regulations and procedures. Collaborates with Research and Development, Engineering and Manufacturing to vet new suppliers, manage the current supplier base through evaluating and managing supplier risk, contract negotiations, and serves as the liaison between supplier and organization. Assist in the Quality Management System (QMS) audits/site supplier visits to ensure relationship between both companies will meet our capacity requirements, cost expectations, and quality standards.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System. Adheres to Regulatory requirements, including FDA, ISO, Legal, Ethical and BioFire specific procedures.
- Source a variety of raw materials, equipment, chemicals, injected molded and/or machined parts, electronics and services in accordance with prescribed purchasing regulations and procedures.
- Serve as key communication point between materials and cross-functional departments regarding technical concerns, costing, quality and improvements to enhance the supply chain initiatives.
- Contribute to collective effort by participating in departmental or interdepartmental teams and engaging in that exchange to improve purchasing functions.
- Create a general forecast plan by reviewing production plan and supplier capacity to ensure both companies are aligned for future growth.
- Follow current Lean and Six Sigma, Kaizen Continuous Improvement principles, and is fully capable of mentoring those principles to associates.
- Monitor and measure supplier performance per Purchasing Cost Avoidance Plans (PCAP) to ensure company is receiving fair market pricing by utilizing appropriate trends and reporting tools.
- Build supplier relationships through frequent and effective communication of business, quality, and cost by interacting with current suppliers, consistently seeking opportunities to improve those partnerships to ensure a long-term positive relationship and continue to seek out supplier talent for future opportunities.
- Serve as a key supplier/materials facilitator for new products to support reagents and instruments to ensure adequate and reliable sourcing activities with Engineering.
- Work with Legal to create and negotiate supplier contracts to ensure the organization is receiving competitive pricing, capacity requirements, and eliminating risk.
- Effectively resolve disputes, hold crucial conversations and recommend solutions to identify the root cause and correct problems as needed.
- Knowledge of inventory control systems particularly SAP.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some domestic and/or international travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a corporate environment, particularly in a purchasing related role such as sourcing, supply chain, manufacturing, or comparable role with transferrable skills.
- Knowledge of the medical industry or biotech is desired.
- NAPM, APICS/ISM certification is a plus.
- Excellent reading, writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Word, Excel and the Internet.