At BioFire Diagnostics, LLC. we make the world a healthier place by providing molecular solutions that lessen the time to medical results and empower healthcare professionals to make better diagnostic decisions.
We are proud to be part of the bioMérieux family and the 5,000+ team members across 12 sites and subsidiaries in North America committed to our mission to help save lives around the globe through the power of diagnostics.
Come be a part of our team and our mission as an Electrician!
Industrial Electricians install, maintain and repair electrical equipment and parts, such as MCC panels, VFD’s, lighting controls, fire control systems, phone, data and Av. This position requires knowledge of electrical components as well electrical safety codes and regulation.
Industrial electrician must be able to understand and make decisions based on technical documents such as blueprints, schematics or instructions. They must also be motivated to work on their own and as part of a team.
Studies and Experience:
- Install, repair and maintain, electrical systems in full support of BioFire Diagnostic’s safety, operations and productivity initiatives.
- Use industry related hand tools and power tools.
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, etc. and install wire and electrical cable systems, conduit systems and other wire raceway systems.
- Feed to, pull into, and terminate wire and cable within control centers, distribution boxes, transformers, transducers, switch gear, receptacles, switches, etc.
- Splice and terminate wires at junction points.
- Troubleshoot equipment electrical systems and control circuits and build control panels from drawings.
- Prepare sketches and schematic diagrams showing the location of wiring and electrical systems.
- Delegate tasks and assist with training other employees.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor and crew members.
- Maintain workflow schedule to ensure all BioFire Diagnostics. Productivity objectives are met.
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with colleagues, customers and vendors.
- Adhere to all BioFire Diagnostics’ safety policies and procedures.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent. Vocational training in a related field preferred.
- 4-10 years of related experience
- Good communication, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Valid Utah’s driver’s license
- Good driving record
- Blueprint reading for building systems
- Ability to safely lift up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to safely climb ladders
- Ability to follow clean room gowning protocols and move throughout the facility.