Trade show Coordinator I works in a support role to the Marketing Communications (MarCom) Manager (Events and Trade Shows) and the Trade show Coordinator III on the completion of basic functions of trade shows assigned to the MarCom team. The Trade show Coordinator I performs a variety of different tasks in a supportive role including coordinating planning meetings with various marketing team lead to gain understanding of trade show purpose and goals, presenting sponsorship options, securing exhibitor booth spot, and organize sponsorship participation. The Trade show Coordinator I will serve in a support role to the Trade Show Coordinator III and the Marketing Communications (MarCom) Manager (Events and Trade Shows) with exhibit house vendors and show management on booth maintenance and updates, contract processing, manage swag and literature inventory, manage outside vendors, manage room blocks, budget tracking and reporting on basic functions of trade shows.
The Trade Show Coordinator I plays a role in supporting multiple trade shows simultaneously in different stages of completion. The Trade Show Coordinator I will be in a support role and be able to communicate trade show plan details and execution plans under the direction of MarCom Manager or Trade show Coordinator III.Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the strategic plan of basic to more complex trade shows.
- Assist in tracking expenses for trade show budget reconciliation.
- Serve in support role as contact for show management and exhibit house for assigned trade shows.
- Participate in creative brainstorming meetings with management and Marketing lead.
- Assist in compiling and presenting sponsorship opportunities to Marketing lead and secure agreed upon opportunities from show management.
- Assist in reserving and secure booth spot from show management.
- Assist with exhibit house vendor to manage booth maintenance, updates, upgrades and inventory.
- Assist in coordinating all service and labor orders including cleaning, electrical, rigging, material handling, insurance, special orders, audio visual needs for each show with exhibit house or show service provider.
- Assist in ensuring on-time delivery of trade show materials (literature and swag).
- Assist in managing room blocks.
- Assist in compiling information for pre- and post - event evaluations.
QualificationsTraining and Education
- Travel throughout the year may be required.
Certified Trade Show Marketer (CTSM) preferred.Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in trade show coordination.
- Demonstrated proficiency completing basic to more complex trade shows.
- Can effectively work as part of a team, contribute positively to the team with a helpful and respectful attitude.
- Ability to function equally under own initiative and under instruction.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently as part of a fast-paced team.
- Ability to adjust to changes in scheduling, and general flexibility in work environment.
- Ability to stay positive and calm in stressful situations.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong people skills.
- Proficient working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, and able to manage time effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines while paying attention to multiple details.
- Strong networking and multitasking skills.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Docs.
The ability to occasionally lift 15-20 pounds; remain seated for extended periods of time; and travel short distances often and quickly (i.e., from one meeting to another). Ability to maintain mental focus for extended periods of time.