bioMerieux is seeking a Sr Compliance Leader who will help lead and enhance the North American Compliance Program while working closely with the North American Compliance Officer. This position will provide compliance expertise, resources, and structures to stakeholders within designated scope to enable decision-making that stays within compliance boundaries while still supporting business overall performance, in alignment with Regional Compliance or Regional Trade Compliance and Compliance strategy. Lead designated processes globally and refer to Regional Compliance officers (for Ethics & Compliance) and/or to Global Trade Compliance Director (for Trade Compliance) for further resolution. As part of this role, may manage directly or functionally a team of analysts.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide advice and problem-solving expertise on business projects/initiatives with compliance implications to ensure operations are conducted in full compliance with regulations and policies.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and embed compliance controls/policies into organizational processes to ensure streamlined approach to identify and mitigate compliance risks.
- Implement monitoring and control mechanisms for Third Party (for Ethics & Compliance), and Know-Your-Customer Screening process (for Trade Compliance). Act as a gatekeeper on high risk activities such as classification, country of origin, valuation and overall customs procedures and mechanisms (for Trade Compliance).
- Identify, escalate, and manage mitigation of compliance risks within scope, and recommend improvements to processes.
- Represent the Department to leaders within scope of responsibilities.
- Monitor the external environment, including regulations, and recommend improvements for compliance program.
- Provide regular training and coaching on ethics or trade compliance matters to leaders and employees.
- Advocate and develop a strong compliance culture within the business on a day-to-day basis.
- Investigate reports of compliance concerns, when requested by Compliance Officer.
Training, Education, & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Masters preferred.
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience in legal, audit, risk, or trade compliance, at least 4 years of working experience in compliance function, in the healthcare industry, and expertise in various compliance topics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong reputation for integrity, ethics, personal values and solid character. High emotional intelligence and engagement skills, with the confidence to interact at all levels within scope.
- Deep understanding of how to analyze regulations and develop and implement policies to ensure compliance.
- Maturity and decisiveness, including the ability to frame issues to support quick decision-making, as well as an understanding of business to know how and when to escalate issues.
- Ability to balance many high risk, high pressure projects/issues at once and prioritize effectively based on risk.
- Collaborative team-oriented approach to work, supporting the successes of others. Proactive and motivated by results, with little need for oversight.
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills with the ability to effectively convey the company’s core ethical values at all levels of the company.
- Knowledge of regulations related to ethics or trade compliance topics within scope, including US/EU and local regulations.
- Occasional light lifting
- Domestic travel will be required based on as-needed basis