Summary of Position:
IS Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is a regional IS role supporting bioMerieux's Finance and HR domains within the region. BRM will report to a regional IS Director or VP.
BRM is expected to understand global, regional, and local technology systems and solutions that are critical to business operations. In particular, the BRM should have knowledge and experience specific to the technology solutions and business processes associated with Finance and HR.
BRM is responsible to establish a productive working relationship with the business to understand business processes and how they relate to business systems and technology. Specifically, the BRM will act as the primary IS contact for Business Process Owners (BPO) and stakeholders with an objective to discuss current and future technology needs and challenges, collect requirements and assist to define them (arbitration), then coordinate delivery of those requirements (solution) to the business domain. (Coordination of delivery will occur with the global IS team(s) responsible for RUN and BUILD.)
BRM should be an active participant in relevant domain-specific program meetings, domain review board meetings, and in IS coordination meetings to understand and help define the technology strategy for their respective business domain(s). This includes a responsibility to Influence utilization of established global systems and technology solutions to satisfy and improve business processes.
BRM will collaborate with global IS Portfolio Managers to contribute to and manage budget related activities as they relate to IS solutions. BRM will also contribute to the prioritization and expedition process related to scoping and delivery of technology solutions to domain.
BRM is responsible to foster open, bi-directional, communication and collaboration channels between the business and global IS.
BRM will contribute to creation and maintenance of IS processes established to facilitate IS solution delivery and support to business.
BRM understands company and department goals and works actively to accomplish them.
Position will interface with groups in other time zones outside of normal work hours.
Domestic and International travel will be required.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of relevant Quality System(s) (QMS) for the region
- Understand the IS vision and technical mission at a regional and global level
- Understand global, regional, and local technology systems and solutions that are critical to business operations
- Understand business processes in the form of Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instruction Documents, and Process Maps
- Participate in business program meetings, IS meetings, and relevant cross-domain meetings
- Act as the primary contact for business teams to discuss technology needs and challenges, including current and future projects
- Proactively engage in and lead business discussions to understand and help define the technology strategy for respective business domain
- Provide insights related to local or regional business needs to IS leadership with objective to shape IS strategy to align with business objectives
- Meet regularly with business process owners and other business stakeholders to gather needs and report on progress of IS-dependent initiatives
- Communicate planned down-time events with respective domain and ensure minimal business impact
- Contribute to and help manage budget related activities as they relate to IS solutions for their respective region and domain
- Partner with global IS Program and Portfolio Managers to review and prioritize local, regional, and global IS projects and objectives
- Influence utilization of established global systems to satisfy and improve business processes
- Contribute to selection of local and regional technology solutions when/if global solution is not available or does not satisfy requirement
- Coordinate IS solution delivery effort (build) with global IS
- Coordinate necessary support (run) requirements with regional support or managed services teams
- Contribute to creation and maintenance of IS processes established to facilitate IS solution delivery and support to business
- Contribute, as necessary, to writing and review of technical software documentation to ensure it meets project requirements and is clear to its intended audience
- Participate in supplier sourcing and negotiation requirements as necessary
- Continuously research IS related technologies to improve IS solution from an engineering (design and development), auditing, data quality, and performance standpoint
- Contribute to definition of regional service level agreement (SLA) and operational level agreement (OLA) standards.
Education, Training, Experience Requirements:
- BS degree in Computer Science, IS, IT or related business field, advanced degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience required with relevant enterprise business application(s) (SAP, Ceridian), IS experience preferred
- 3+ years of internal (bioMerieux or Biofire) experience preferred
- Experience in business systems implementation and support processes required; SAP preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Technical understanding of ERP and/or CRM systems architecture, configuration, and administration preferred (e.g. SAP, Salesforce).
- Understanding of the relationship between business systems, business process, and QMS requirements for respective region / domain is required
- Understanding of application change release process, including design, project organization and configuration management required Soft skills required to establish productive relationships between IS and business required
- Ability to effectively coordinate end to end delivery of technology solution(s) to business is required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Expert planning, organization, and writing skills
- Multi-lingual (English, French, Spanish) preferred