Cette offre d'emploi n'est plus active.
Localisation: Salt Lake City, UT, États-Unis
Type de Contrat: Trainee/Intern
Fonction: Information Technology
The Internal Software Release Management Software Test Engineer Intern is part of the Internal Software Release Management team and participates in writing and executing test cases and test plans for various applications. This person will work with internal teams and develop strong relationships with groups throughout the department and company.
The Test Engineer Intern is aware of software development processes and different systems that could be used in the development process. They also help organize, plan, and execute test tasks while also developing an understanding of test principles.
The Test Engineer Intern will research issues found in the software through testing and collaborate with other test engineers, developers, and project managers to create quality solutions. They will also stay up to date on industry developments and best practices. The Test Engineer Intern must have a detailed mindset and be able to understand technical concepts and industry regulations. Working as part of a team, utilizing effective time management, effective documentation of test cases, organizational skills, and the ability to communicate effectively are all required for this position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform all work in compliance with company standards, policies, guidelines, and best practices related to the Release Management team.
2. Understand bioMérieux technical and scientific mission and priorities.
3. Read and interpret software specifications and develop test plans against those specifications.
4. Write, maintain, and execute test cases and report on the testing results.
5. Use BioMérieux software products during development for the purpose of discovering defects.
6. Create reproducible steps for software defects that are found.
7. Ensure proper documentation of software defects through the defect tracking system used by the company.
8. Participate and collaborate with various teams in the department for software releases.
9. Compare developed software against the original specifications.
10. Assess issues of usability that may not be covered by specifications.
11. Think critically and analyze suspected weakness or deficiencies in the software.
12. Complete work activities as assigned and work with minimal supervision in an occasional remote environment.
13. Ensure adherence to software release processes and FDA regulations.
14. Participate as a member of projects on behalf of the Release Management team.
15. Assist in determining risks of software changes to software quality.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Training and Education
Junior or Senior level status in a bachelor’s program in engineering, scientific, or a technical field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Software testing experience preferred.
2. Defect tracking
3. Ability to perform gap analysis of specifications.
4. Technical writing experience preferred.
5. Good verbal and written communication skills.
6. Attention to detail.
7. Efficient, creative, and methodical approach to problem solving.
8. Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize activities.
9. Able to use MS Office Suite and flow chart software.