Supervises custodial activities throughout the company and its buildings during an assigned shift.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Coordinates custodial activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of the custodial team.
- Assists in hiring qualified employees by participating in the interview process and making recommendations regarding the applicant, ensuring equal employment opportunity in hiring and promotion.
- Accurately appraise strengths and weaknesses, provide constructive feedback, reinforce individual and team performance.
- Identifies staff training needs and ensures that training is obtained and kept current.
- Performs regular quality control inspections and provides feedback to employees about their performance.
- Communicates and coordinates with peers effectively and on a regular basis.
- Assists with inventory and equipment needs of all buildings.
- Enforces BioFire rules and policies regarding employee conduct.
- Provides professional and prompt response of custodial requests made by BioFire personnel.
- Identifies and resolves workplace problems and reports to management.
- Perform cleaning and decontamination procedures upon the request of Reagent Production Management.
- Must be able to perform duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
Studies and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have 3+ years prior experience supervising employees.
- Custodial background preferred but not required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the practices and chemical use applicable to custodial work.
- Knowledge of supervisory techniques, personnel policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of the qualities, adaptabilities, and uses of common tools, equipment, and materials used in cleaning and maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of methods used in the cleaning of buildings.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of employee policies and procedures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Proactive organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work effectively alone.
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
- Must be able to stand, lift, bend, walk for reasonable amounts of time.
- Must be able to perform all duties wearing a Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR).