Test Automation Engineer participates in design, development, maintenance, and support of complex business applications and solutions, including development/programming of scripting inside of test automation platform in support of a comprehensive testing approach to support successful application and business activities.
Engineer will be capable of understanding complex ERP, CRM and additional systems application architecture and how it relates to business processes to provide value to organization through reliable quality oversight and process, protection against regression, and clear communication.
Engineer is responsible to identify test automation needs within organization in effort to provide support, insight, and/or quality process solutions in response. Includes development of written documentation, curation of test plans, validation of processes, roles and authorization and data validation, and provides ongoing support for application users.
Engineer will work on several projects simultaneously, following business processes through all applications to complete projects. Engineer may interact with business or technical users through all levels of operations and management to provide understanding and insight in all application oriented business processes. Engineer must have the ability to work as part of a team. Effective time management, analytical thinking skills, organization skills, and the ability to communicate effectively is important in role.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of BioFire Diagnostics’ Quality System.
- Understand BioFire’s technical and scientific mission.
- Understand technical and functional components of BioFire Diagnostics
- Participate in development of Test Automation infrastructure including design, build, management, maintenance, and optimization of test suites.
- Provide testing results and analytics to business unit Managers, Directors, and Executive Management Group (EMG) that are clear and understandable enough for these groups and individuals to make decisions based on them.
- Participate in collaboration efforts with global application teams (e.g. bioMérieux France, Cognizant development team in India).
- Participate in supplier sourcing and negotiation requirements as needed.
- Constructs forecasts, recommendations and strategic/ tactical plans based on business and market data.
- Write documentation for verification and validation, technical test creation methods, specifications and reports. Documents typically describe scope, approach, and algorithms. The content of the documentation should be adjusted to match audience.
- Must be familiar with a variety testing concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Provide test automation software utility training to internal subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with internal quality and application support and test teams to provide accurate coverage to business.
- Prioritize and complete test automation requests in a timely manner.
- Complete projects on time with minimal supervision.
- Continually update technical knowledge and skills.
- Recommend process improvement opportunities related to Test Automation.
- Test Automation Engineer is an integral member of Information Systems team. Engineers will contribute to decisions made related to software quality processes and test suite architecture.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimal domestic and international travel may be required.
Training and Education
- BS degree in Computer Science, IS, IT or related field or equivalent experience
- Professional test automation certifications preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience developing testing solutions with SAP, CRM (Salesforce), and/or other business platforms required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understands ERP and CRM systems infrastructure and how it relates to business processes.
- Experience in creating and maintaining test plans.
- Experience in software development lifecycle especially quality assurance processes.
- Experience with test automation framework tools, like Worksoft, Selenium or postman.
- Experience with programming languages/frameworks like C#, Java, HTML.
- Experience working with applications like SAP, Salesforce, and Jira a plus.
- Experience in unit testing, functional testing, UI testing and end-to-end business process testing.
- Understands software testing best practices.
- Orientation for detail work product, with emphasis or accuracy and completeness.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and flow charts software.
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively.
- Must demonstrate ability to complete objectives without high levels of supervision.
General physical requirements found in an office setting.