A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 45 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
What will your responsibilities be within bioMérieux?
The Healthcare Scientific Affairs Director EMEA will play a key role to support the mid to long term strategic transformation of our Healthcare business (Bioproduction and Cell & Gene Therapies) with automated, rapid and alternative microbiological solutions from a scientific and regulatory standpoint.
This position reports directly to our Healthcare Business Director EMEA. Key collaborators will be the EMEA commercial operation network, the Scientific Affairs associates within the worldwide network, and the global Marketing and R&D teams.
This position is to be based in Europe with travels expected throughout the EMEA region.
Main Accountabilities include :
- Contribute to the Global Healthcare business strategy by leading and following up the contribution of bioMérieux insights / inputs in regulatory evolutions in EMEA, such as European Pharmacopoeia, GMP guidances, ISO norms (in link with our global organization and other regions)
- Collaborate with external investigators/partners to enhance the acceptance of bioMérieux solutions by customers, regulatory authorities, and authors of national testing standards, guidelines or compendia
- Monitor, filter, analyze, synthesize and actively disseminate scientific and regulatory knowledge, literature, presentations, publications and other technical information within and outside our organization in support of our regional strategy
- Build and present our scientific communication (internal & external events, whitepapers, scientific articles…) for the region in connection with our global organization
- Create and manage a regional network of KOLs in the field of pharmaceutical microbiology and develop the scientific community around bioMérieux
- Take part in the Immerscio.bio initiative (Campus Biotech Digital) to represent bioMérieux as one of the founding members and contribute to the scientific content of some training modules
- Grow the knowledge internally & externally to facilitate automated, rapid and alternative microbiological solutions adoption & implementation
- Be involved in industry pharmaceutical microbiology working groups and taskforces at the European level
- Support regional / local marketers in their promotion of bioMérieux solutions to strategic customers and enhance the capacity of our teams to characterize the value that bioMérieux technologies and solutions bring
- Meet with local customers, Strategic and Global Key Accounts, national authorities and take part in VIP customer visits in our manufacturing sites on demand
Who are you?
Education & Experience:
- You have a strong scientific background and 10 years of experience in fields related to pharmaceutical production, bioproduction, cell and gene therapy, or microbiology
- You have demonstrated experience with a range of activities related to Scientific Affairs, Regulatory Affairs or Public Affairs for a life sciences or diagnostic technologies company.
- You are comfortable with both scientific expertise and business accumen
- Knowledge of industrial diagnostics, bioproduction and/or cell and gene therapies would be a real asset
- Experience in the development, implementation, use or sales of automated, rapid & alternative microbiological solutions would also be a real asset
Skills & Qualifications:
- You are comfortable interacting with KOLs and regulatory authorities
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and an aptitude for building strong client relationships.
- You demonstrate strong business acumen and agility in a market that is in constant evolution
- You are Fluent in English and a secondary local language
- You are comfortable working independently, but pro-actively collaborate with colleagues, customers, regulators, and other relevant industry stakeholders
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.