This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Bogota, Colombia
Position Type: Unfixed Term
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 45 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
Optimize the sales performance and achieve the region/cluster budget (sales, margin, contribution), by implementing the regional business and marketing strategy in line with the Global Marketing recommendations.
Build relevant annual sales budget and 5 years plan reflecting the company’s Global Sales & Marketing strategy, being active in proposing adjustments of processes, tools, organizations and policies.
Co-develop with local management the sales force individuals knowledge and skills through active coaching in the field to allow activity optimization and sales growth. Identify products, sales & marketing training requirements and advice appropriate training actions.
Ensure coherence of the pricing policy, develop pricing structures for new & existing products in line with market conditions and competitor's activities. Quote profitability according to company’s standards.
Ensure that market trends, competitors activities and regulatory changes are monitored and communicated to management and, when appropriate, to Global Functions.. Act as the major liaison agent between marketing (global and local) & the field organization for the Product Range, ensuring that the E7 markets specificities are taken into account. Track and prioritize opportunities for the Product Range.
Drive budget & sales/marketing processes, report on a regular basis to top management on data, opportunities, activities and skills, using the company’s tools (monthly report, Annual Budget, A/B, Long Range Plan, business reviews…).
In addition to these missions, when driving & managing a team of Regional Business Managers, the position will be “Regional Business Director” (level 4).
Typical Studies-Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Master Degree/MBA in business and management. Some scientific education is highly valued.
- 5 to 8 (level 7), 8 to 10 (level 6/5) and 10 to 12 (level 4) years of experience in sales and marketing in the IVD area.
- Knowledge of the product lines, customers. International experience is a must (level 6, 5 and 4).
Skills and Qualifications:
- Analytical & synthetic mindset. Ability to judge competitive response to sales strategy and make appropriate adjustments, with strong understanding of the strategic selling process
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with cross cultural flexibility ; Problem solving and teamwork abilities.
- Very good interpersonal communication skills. Ability to work with & influence people without formal authority, downward & upward communication
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.