This job posting is no longer active.
Location: San Jose, CA, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Bioscience R&D
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network. This includes our SLC site, formerly known as BioFire Diagnostics.
The world is facing a medical crisis, bacteria are increasingly evolving resistance to even our strongest antibiotics. The problem is already very real and immediate; for example, bloodstream infection leading to sepsis is now responsible for more than half of all deaths in hospitals and is the most expensive condition treated in hospitals. Sepsis mortality rate increases >6% every hour without effective antibiotic treatment. Yet, despite the life and death urgency, and healthcare cost impacts, current methodologies require 3 days to determine the correct antibiotic.
Specific Diagnostics has developed a breakthrough solution to rapidly determine the effective antibiotic treatment for bloodstream and other acute infections. Used for bloodstream infection Specific’s solution provides results 2 days sooner (1 day vs 3 days).
We offer an opportunity to join us at an inflection point in our commercial growth, with our first commercial product being released new venture capital funding and recognition from major customers and government agencies fueling an expansion of our staff.
1. Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that involve one or multiple departments and provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership.
2. Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for one major or several minor initiatives simultaneously
3. Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives
4. Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards and report on project success criteria results, metrics, risk.
5. Prepare estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project and estimate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes
6. Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and chairs the project management team meetings.
7. Participate and/or drive feasibility studies, vendor selections, and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders
8. Act as an internal quality control check for the project
9. Define the Statement of Work and User Requirement Specifications for the project
10. Set and continually manage project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverable with team members and stakeholders
11. Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
12. Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations to various audiences, including project team, sponsors
13. Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project and program team, analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas
14. Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project and program life cycle
15. Identify and develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders, sponsors and university stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
1. B.S. required, M.S. preferred
2. 1+ years of project management experience
3. PMI Certification preferred or willingness to obtain certification
4. Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs
5. Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
6. Proven ability to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross - functional environment
9. Experience negotiating vendor contracts and drafting and submitting budget proposals preferred
10. Proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
11. Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Word with experience presenting to stakeholders and / or Senior Leadership
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).