Manufacturing Tech 2, Line 4 - 2nd shift
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Durham, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Manufacturing
The Process Technician position is responsible for the operation of high speed equipment used in the production and packaging of BacT/ALERT bottles and/or preparing and formulating the liquid reagents that fill the finished BacT/ALERT bottle in a cGMP compliant manner.
- The position may perform or assist in the setup, inspection, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and cleaning of equipment used throughout the BacT/ALERT Manufacturing and Packaging processes.
- Additionally, this individual will be responsible for completing production batches and corresponding documentation for the associated tasks,
- AQL inspections, reworks and Material reconciliation that goes along with the batch.
- Manufacturing & Packaging: Operate high speed manufacturing equipment, in some cases highly automated, using HMI/SCADA interfaces
- Formulation: chemical weighing and reagent formulation
- Execute production activities per approved Manufacturing Directions while maintaining compliance with all job related SOPs
- Ensure that all batch paperwork is completed in an accurate, thorough, and timely manner
- Perform and document all processes and procedures in a timely manner, while maintaining compliance with all company and regulatory agency regulations
- Provide assistance with the review and revision of Manufacturing Directions and SOPs necessary for the manufacture and packaging of product.
- Assist with manufacturing deviation analysis, CAPA actions and other process equipment related quality concern
- Maintain all work areas in a well-organized, clean and tidy manner at all times in compliance with cGMP requirement
- Operate cleaning equipment, utilize SOP and documentation to record data manually or through identified software applications.
- Perform self-audit of rooms and processes.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures at all times
- Appropriately use PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) as required to perform routine and non-routine duties.
- Other Duties
- Generate reports, charts and KPI's and interpret the data to identify problems, and proceed with proper decision making
- Work with other departments and assist with executing validation protocols associated with manufacturing/packaging equipment and procedures including revalidation as scheduled or required to maintain systems in a validated state
- Attention to detail and the ability to accurately interpret technical documentation are critical
- Perform computer applications including learning and execution of SAP transactions
- Communicate with Materials Management, Production Operations, and Quality Control on a daily basis to ensure the timely and efficient production of all of our customer requirement
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
Studies, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years in a regulated production/operations environment
- Associates Degree in an applicable or Technical field or Vocational / Technical School preferred
- For Filling: a basic chemistry and lab application experience strongly desired
- Certification in Bioworks Program preferred
- For Manufacturing and Packaging
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of high speed, highly automated, production equipment preferred.
- For Formulation
- Background in Bulking and/or compounding in food, supplement, cosmetic, medical device, or pharmaceutical chemical formulation is desired.
- Familiarity with measurement scales, mixing, blending, chemical mills and other formulation manufacturing equipment strongly desired.
- Knowledge of and experience in following OSHA regulations (LOTO, electrical safety, etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge of FDA and/or GMP regulations preferred.
- Mechanical background preferred.
- Ability to rapidly learn new procedures and reduce them to practice.
- Must be able to learn, comprehend and demonstrate competency in operating new equipment within a 75-day period of working with a trainer.
- Demonstrated experience of working independently
- Attention to detail and the ability to accurately interpret technical documentation
- Performs all job functions and responsibilities in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to regularly climb stairs to perform work.
- Ability to operate motorized pallet jacks.
- May be exposed to and require the handling of chemicals, antibiotics and/or hazardous materials.
- May be exposed to strong odors incurred during media production or other operations.
- Job Duties are performed wearing various types of PPE and cGMP which include but are not limited to a hairnet, beard cover, safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection, gloves, PAPR, face mask and lab coat. Make-up and jewelry are prohibited in certain areas of Manufacturing.
- Ability to maintain reliable and punctual attendance
- Ability to work overtime as required to support a 24/7 production operation