PRIMARY PURPOSE AND OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this position is to provide professional legal support for ASPAC region (ASEAN, India, Australia, etc) and undertake regional-based projects when necessary, to complete the tasks assigned by General Counsel of ASPAC and/or senior management and contribute to the growth of bioMerieux ASPAC growth.
- Independently provide daily legal support to subsidiaries in ASEAN cluster, including without limitation, providing legal advice or analysis on daily operation, reviewing, drafting and negotiating legal documents, conducting legal research, assisting internal client to find a legal and practical solution, interaction with local authorities; managing legal claims and disputes; corporate governance
- Evaluate legal and compliance related risks in business practices in order to determine priority areas for policies, communications and trainings; conduct training to internal clients as needed; assist General Counsel, ASPAC in designing local legal-related guidelines, SOPs and policies and proactively work with internal clients to ensure the proper implementation ;
- External firms and vendor management for ASEAN subsidiaries
- Assist General Counsel, ASPAC in implementing global programs in local organization; localize global templates/guidelines, conduct relevant trainings and communication to internal or external stakeholders; and
- Work closely and efficiently with other Legal & Corporate Integrity members at regional and Corporate levels.
KNOWLEDGE, LANGUAGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Law degree from reputable law school
- No less than 8 years’ PQE at reputable law firm and/or as in-house counsel, experience with ASEAN region, experience/knowledge with other ASPAC counties is a plus
- Self-motivated, strong communication skill, team player, problem-solving and practical mindset
- Healthcare industry experience is strongly preferred
- Able to travel (around 20%)