A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 45 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
What will your responsibilities be within bioMérieux?
Reporting to the VP Cluster directly and dotted line to HR Manager, this position will manage all facility and general services related topics in the UK and Ireland with all rules and regulations, as well as contribute to the business through efficient processes.
Location: Basingstoke (Office based role with a hybrid work policy)
Main Accountabilities include:
- Coordinate the facility activities with regards to building maintenance, access and work environment safety ensuring compliance with corporate and legal requirements and optimized technical and commercial set up; coordinates with HSE and HR to ensure proper work environment conditions in the subsidiary
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, stationery and refreshment supplies. In charge of facilities services such as post, cleaners, waste management, refreshments, maintenance, and other non-technical activities
- Coordinate the daily indirect procurement activities of the subsidiaries with the various departments like IS, as well as manage the replenishment of specific purchasing categories
- Cluster HSE referent : Maintain a safe and secure working environment and be first point of contact for office H&S: Liaise with 3rd party HSE provider to ensure the business is compliant with Health & Safety KPIs & Reporting/Health & Safety Risk Assessor.
- Lead office space planning/projects for the Cluster facilities to ensure the best possible working conditions in accordance with organizational standards in accordance with company norms and regulatory requirements
- Plan and coordinate events/meetings on-site and off-site, including research and preparation of meeting materials.
- First point of contact for visitors; coordinate meeting logistics, location and rates.
- Perform vendor management of contractors, service providers, and consultants (reception, maintenance…) .
- Act as point of contact for Group Purchasing with regards to all Indirect procurement operational activities for the country
- Act as mobile, fleet and travel manager in the cluster and managing specific suppliers (Egencia, Car lease company)
Who are you ?
- Degree in Business or other field related to the position, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience related to facilities management or office services
- You are a creative problem solver and are able to take decisions
- You are highly organized with good project management skills.
- You have well developed negotiation and communication skills
- You enjoy working in an international environment
- You are at ease with daily tools such as MS Office, SAP/ERP, and have E-proc knowledge
What do we offer?
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, hybrid working policy along with the possibility to grow and develop within a world leading, international company with a purpose of serving public health!
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.