Location: Firenze, Italy
Position Type: Unfixed Term
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 45 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
As primary contact, this role is responsible for cultivating and driving the commercial relationship for customer accounts in their territory, having the responsibility of the revenue and business generated with his territory of accounts. This role is responsible for pipeline management, identifying opportunities, planning and achieving sales objectives with an account management approach. Furthermore, this role is responsible for customer satisfaction and loyalty for long term partnership. This role orchestrates the priorities and actions of internal departments working with a satellite of sales experts able to bring the best value to our customers (Business Developers, AS, CIM/CEM, IT Data Specialist), and supported by experts functions when needed (Marketing, SE, Medical Affairs…etc)
- Act as the primary contact for targeted customer accounts which will deliver the 5 year ambition for revenue and growth., in a defined territory.
- Develop deep knowledge of the customer account(i.e. long term vision and strategies, key decision-makers, buying process, internal and external situational analysis etc.)
- Understand current bioMérieux and competitor installed base and identify opportunities for bioMérieux solutions and long term partnerships.
- Ensure business tools such as CVM and CRM are used effectively and continuously updated.
- Develop strategies to build and maintain relationships and business development within accounts in order to achieve long term relationship goals and annual sales objectives (growth, turnover, margin) across all ranges, by adopting an offer and solutions approach
- Set up the priorities to manage the account and orchestrate team work with the Sales Experts teams that will support the account development.
- Develop and execute 3-5 year account plans, sharing strategy with the “account team” and defining the actions to be carried out by wider team.
- Manage the entire sales process and has regular interactions with key decision makers outside the lab, such as C-suite, clinicians and procurement.
- Support the customer on their project implementation and the solution appropriation.
- Coordinate the 360-degree management of the customer, supporting post sale implementation and service and support activities, liaising with Customer Service, Supply Chain, Marketing and Sales.
- Initiate specific programs, targeted investments and resource deployment (i.e. conferences, trade shows, on demand visits, etc.) for key accounts
- Organize and lead the response for sales contract negotiations relying on the technical experts of the ranges and working with the sales teams in the field to finalize the opportunities.
- Ensure the compliance of sales activities with legal and ethical standards as well as with company policies.
- Bachelor required, Post Graduate degree Business/Marketing highly preferred. Science is a plus.
- Significant experience in sales for at least 5 years, preferably in the Life Science environment
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong business acumen along with demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct
- Ability to convince, persuade and influence
- Ability to adapt in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to turn complexity into simplicity, prioritize, decide and execute
- Ability to connect, facilitate and lead multifunctional team work, project management
- Excellent integrator & negotiator. Able to effectively influence C-Suite. Ability to judge competitive response to sales strategy and make appropriate adjustments
- Ability to work out a profitability scheme for the company and the customers
- Strong interpersonal skills, and good ability to communicate and present
- Solution oriented, creative
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.