This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Software Development
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network. This includes our SLC site, formerly known as BioFire Diagnostics.
DescriptionThe Internal Software Test Engineer is part of the Internal Software Supply Chain team and participates in writing and executing test cases and test plans for various applications. This person will work with internal teams and develop strong relationships with groups throughout the department and company.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Perform all work in compliance with company standards, policies, guidelines, and best practices related to the Release Management team.
2. Understand bioMérieux technical and scientific mission and priorities.
3. Read and interpret software specifications and develop test plans against those specifications.
4. Write, maintain, and execute test cases and report on the testing results.
5. Use BioMérieux software products during development for the purpose of discovering defects.
6. Create reproducible steps for software defects that are found.
7. Ensure proper documentation of software defects through the defect tracking system used by the company.
8. Participate and collaborate with various teams in the department for software releases.
9. Compare developed software against the original specifications.
10. Assess issues of usability that may not be covered by specifications.
11. Think critically and analyze suspected weakness or deficiencies in the software.
12. Complete work activities as assigned and work with minimal supervision in an occasional remote environment.
13. Ensure adherence to software release processes and FDA regulations.
14. Participate as a member of projects on behalf of the Release Management team.
15. Assist in determining risks of software changes to software quality.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Training and Education
Requires a Bachelor of Science in an engineering, scientific, or technical field, or equivalent experience.
Level II - 2+ years of work experience in software testing/development or a related field.
Level III - 4+ years of work experience in software testing/development or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Software testing experience preferred.
2. Defect tracking
3. Ability to perform gap analysis of specifications.
4. Technical writing experience preferred.
5. Good verbal and written communication skills.
6. Attention to detail.
7. Efficient, creative, and methodical approach to problem solving.
8. Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize activities.
9. Able to use MS Office Suite and flow chart software.
Technical Skills:1. Experience with one of the following: C#, Java, C/C++, SAS, or software testing and automation
Writing and communication skills:
1. Technical writing experience
2. Good verbal communication and presentation skills
3. Attention to detail
4. Efficient and creative approach to problem solving
5. Good time management skills with an ability to reprioritize projects as needed
Please be aware that recruitment related scams are on the rise. Fraudulent job postings are being placed on other websites, and individuals posing as bioMérieux Talent Acquisition team members are reaching out via email or text message in an attempt to collect your personal and confidential information. In some cases, these scammers are also conducting bogus interviews prior to extending fraudulent offers of employment. Beware of individuals reaching out using general phone numbers and non-bioMerieux email domains (i.e. Hotmail.com, Gmail.com, Yahoo.com, etc.). If you are concerned that an interview experience or offer of employment might be a scam, please make sure you are searching for the posting on our careers site https://careers.biomerieux.com/ or contact us at [email protected].
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).