Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
Act as a primary medical and scientific educational resource to demonstrate and promote the clinical value of our products and solutions to physicians & other healthcare providers by supporting their implementation within the hospital or healthcare environment in order to improve patient outcomes, provide real-world evidence, educate, and develop long term relationships.
- Manage external network of medical experts; be a preferred entry point in the company for specific medical areas / Development of Key Opinion leaders network among Clinicians, Laboratory and Administration : capitalize on relationship opportunities for cross selling bioMérieux products & services
- Develop, lead and execute local and/or regional and/or National educational initiatives (e.g.; trade shows and congresses, symposia and other medical events…)
- Support the commercialization of diagnostic tests & solutions and actively contribute to reaching our company goals by providing clinical expertise necessary to promote their adoption and use while working with the sales and marketing teams.
- Keep up-to-date with scientific and medical knowledge in designated specific medical areas in order to provide relevant expert advice to stakeholders within the company: e.g. attend congresses, workshops, meet with experts and clinicians and screen medical-scientific literature, collect, analyze and summarize information from a scientific and medical.
- Demonstrate the clinical and economic value of our high medical value products and solutions by providing education to physicians-nurses-pharmacy staff & other healthcare providers, & performing clinical presentations in relevant hospital departments and at pertinent medical events .
- Enable our customers in fully utilizing the clinical potential of our products & Identify and formulate clinical studies.
- Assist in field based activities of bioMérieux teams and clinical knowledge : business workforce training, report satisfaction & needs & market trends, , assist in executing retention plan at critical accounts, coordinate with application specialists to troubleshoot process and product issues, cooperate with marketing representatives and Medical Director
- Support the operational aspects of clinical studies which demonstrate the value of our products and solutions through real-world evidence
Typical Studies-Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- University Degree in a Science Based Program (PhD, MSc,MD, Pharm D, Biomedical, allied Health) and/or relevant experience in life sciences, specialties in infection diseases is preferred. Familiarity with infectious disease diagnosis, treatment and/or clinical microbiology or methods is desirable.
- Knowledge of laboratory workflow, hospital environment and clinical care pathways an asset
- Business experience in biopharmaceutical or diagnostic field and/or life sciences research are a plus.
- Skills and Qualifications:
- Fluent English and French communication skills required
- Relevant experience in clinical medicine, nursing, pharmacy, or a related healthcare field is required
- Experience in hospital based clinical process implementation and improvement is desirable
- Proven skills and experience in presenting medical and technical information to audiences with various degrees of scientific and clinical backgrounds
- Willingness to demonstrate clinical value of our products in coordination with sales and marketing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Customer and problem solving oriented
- Cooperation and team player mindset, negotiation skills.