Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is responsible for providing medical and scientific expertise related to specific bioMérieux company products, and the clinical application, utility, and impact of these products. As part of the bioMerieux team, the MSL will work to ensure proper understanding and utilization of bioMerieux’s in vitro diagnostic products through fair and balanced scientific exchange.
- Identify, engage and develop long term relationships with current and rising thought leaders (KOLs, experts, others) in pertinent therapeutic areas (medicine, critical care, nephrology and other relevant specialties (laboratory personnel, pharmacists, quality, etc.). Build a strong network of pertinent and relevant experts in order to obtain relevant advice, expert opinion, collaborations.
- Develop, lead and execute local and/or regional and/or national medical educational initiatives (e.g.; congresses, symposia and other medical events) and communications, both internally and externally, for the assigned bioMérieux products in a fair and balanced manner.
- Keep up-to-date with scientific and medical knowledge in the areas of interest for the company (mainly Infectious Diseases/ microbiology and Acute care) in order to provide relevant advice to appropriate individuals; attend pertinent sessions of healthcare-associated meetings (government, NGO, medical, patient, etc.); meet with KOLs/experts and healthcare providers and be knowledgeable in the relevant medical literature, developments and guidelines for the assigned product areas.
- Develop and Maintain a territory medical engagement strategic plan to drive bioMerieux medical product strategy and communicate market insights with Canadian Medical Affairs leadership
- Identify potential research gaps and contribute to local post market studies and successfully collaborate in investigator-initiated research efforts (contact with investigators, creation and validation of study design, study monitoring, results analysis, etc.).
- Educate clinicians on the clinical pathways for disease and the application of bioMerieux products in the risk assessment/diagnostic process. Education may be provided through both formal and informal programs and customized to meet individual account needs.
- Respond to unsolicited requests for medical Information including off-label scientific evidence associated with supported products and disease state areas using evidenced-based research presented in a fair and balanced manner and in accordance with applicable regulations, guidelines and bioMerieux policies, procedures and practices.
- Assist in field based activities of bioMérieux teams and clinical knowledge : business workforce training, report satisfaction & needs & market trends, , assist in executing retention plan at critical accounts, coordinate with application specialists to troubleshoot process and product issues, cooperate with marketing representatives and Medical Director
- Engage with customers to support the development of relevant disease state care pathways/ protocols to improve the design and management of implementation programs.
Typical Studies-Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- University Degree in a Science Based Program (PhD, MSc,MD, Pharm D, Biomedical, allied Health) and/or relevant experience in life sciences, specialties in infection diseases is preferred. Familiarity with infectious disease diagnosis, treatment and/or clinical microbiology or methods is desirable.
- Knowledge of laboratory workflow, hospital environment and clinical care pathways an asset
- Business experience in biopharmaceutical or diagnostic field and/or life sciences research are a plus.
- Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong English and French communication skills required, both written and verbal.
- Relevant experience in clinical medicine, nursing, pharmacy, or a related healthcare field is required
- Experience in hospital based clinical process implementation and improvement is desirabled
- Proven skills and experience in presenting medical and technical information to audiences with various degrees of scientific and clinical backgrounds
- Willingness to demonstrate clinical value of our products in coordination with sales and marketing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Customer and problem solving oriented
- Cooperation and team player mindset, negotiation skills.