This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Firenze, Italy
Position Type: Unfixed Term
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 45 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
CONTEXT OF THE JOB AND MAJOR CHALLENGES
FW designer will work inside the Electronic HW/FW Design department; he/she will be involved in FW design and verification activities for the development of new products and for the maintenance of launched products.
FW designer has to write code mainly using C, C++ languages, debug and verify the code according to the company design control procedures.
FW designer will contribute to the selection of HW / FW architectural solutions
• Design of FW for embedded real time systems
• Contribution to the architecture definition for new instruments
• Feasibility activities for new applications
• FW verification activities
• Releasing of design documentation
• Managing of external partners
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
• University degree in Electronic Engineering or similar
• Experience in Firmware development
• Experience in Linux for embedded, Yocto environment and/or similar
• Knowledge of English language
• Experience in Hardware development is considered a plus
• Experience in FPGA design, possibly using Xilinx and related tools (ISE/Vivado), is considered a plus
• Experience in SW development under windows/Linux using Python / C++ is appreciated
• Experience in modelling and simulation environment using Matlab is appreciated
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.