Vice President, Clinical Marketing Micro & IA ASPAC
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Marketing
Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
Define business and marketing strategies and establish and implement action plans with subsidiaries and distributors, to achieve sales and profitability goals in the Region for a Unit (Industry, Clinical, Molecular).
- Translate the Global Market Strategy in a regional midterm Plan; coordinate and develop the adequate commercial approach on the main product lines, by ensuring prioritization of targeted markets/ accounts profile and commercial actions follow up for budget revenues achievement. Support commercial major actions, tools set up, results monitoring, business reviews.
- Support the building, control and achievement of the Annual Sales Budget by reporting from a regional consolidated perspective, being active in proposing adjustments of processes, tools, organizations and policies.
- Voice the Region’s headquarter positions towards internal departments (Units, Programs, Finances, Marketing, ….) to support regional focuses and development to key products, strategic segments and new product launches.
- May Manage a team of Regional Business Managers/Cluster/Country Unit Managers, providing guidance and development into their collaborative missions to regional affiliates commercial organizations. Build and maintain a strong Key Opinion Leader and customer Network. Participate in negotiation when strategic.
- Actively collaborate to any Regional head quarter development or transverse projects including commercial sections.
- Any other key initiative for the region including but not limited to Kick off meetings etc. These will be discussed with ASPAC Clinical Ops Sr VP and other stakeholders.
Typical Studies-Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Scientific or Business master degree, 10-12 years of experience (head), 5-7 years of experience (director) in a subsidiary management function and/or in a corporate unit function.
- Proven track record of profit center direction, commercially oriented, in international environment.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Team leadership in recruitment, engagement, retention & people development or high transversal influential skills.
- Experience in managing Customer facing teams would be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of the company strategy – especially product portfolio approach. Thorough knowledge of the product lines, market trends & competitors is required.
- Agile in changing environment, being active in modifying processes and organizations.
Scope and Resources Accountability, Typical Performance Indicators:
- Scope and Resources Accountability: direct P&L responsibility and manager of managers (head), indirect P&L responsibility and manager/single contributor (director).
- Financial Indicators (revenue, budget, etc.): Regional unit turnover.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Quantitative: Region revenue, Region margin, Countries revenue - Qualitative: Action Plan implementation in the countries, Commercial action plans miles stones, Processes fluidity.
- Key Contacts (internal/external) and Interfaces: Internal: Global marketing, Global Legal, Regional Finance, Supply, etc., Clusters VPs or Subs, Sales and Marketing teams, sales and marketing in the countries. - External: Regional key accounts.
- Language A: English Fluent
- Language B: Understanding of any other language spoken in ASPAC would be advantage to interact with key stakeholders
- Singapore, Shanghai, Delhi etc.
- Please note that while we would prefer to have the candidate to be based in Singapore, we will be flexible in discussing options as regards the location depending upon a) Visa requirements in Singapore and other countries and b) Candidate’s preference etc. However the location will have to be based in a city in Asia Pacific which has a bioMerieux Country HQ office, International Airport (Travel will be an key element of this assignment).