This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Saint Louis, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Quality
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network. This includes our SLC site, formerly known as BioFire Diagnostics.
Benefits at bioMerieux!
Low-cost medical, dental, and vision benefits starting day one
11 paid holidays
160 hours of paid time off
9.5% 401k company contribution with no vesting period
Tuition reimbursement up to $10000 per calendar year
Onsite cafeteria with daily food stipend
Ensure products and services are developed, manufactured, tested and delivered according to the established procedures. Provide quality engineering support in the areas of deviation management, change control, internal auditing, quality trends, quality costs, training, corrective and preventive actions, process control, customer complaints, calibrations, documentation control to ensure compliance with the FDA and other regulatory requirements.
1. Participate in regulatory and agency inspections, audits, investigations, and inquiries regarding the control and assessment of manufacturing quality. Participate in the site Internal audit and compliance review programs.
2. Resolve and trend department deviations, ensuring compliance of all records to quality procedures.
3. Provide periodic trend reporting as required (QSMR, weekly and quarterly trending, monthly site metrics).
4. Act as principal Quality contact for department risk management activities.
5. Participate and provide guidance for Supplier change checklist process, as required.
6. Act as a quality contact for evaluation of incoming QC and in-process materials. Ensure the disposition of non-conforming materials meet all site and regulatory requirements.
7. Provide quality support and approval signatures for Validations, Verifications, Qualifications, and Technical Reports, as required.
8. Review and approves First Article Inspection of components as needed.
9. Participate in site CAPA activities, including analysis of data and trends, nonconforming material, complaints, training effectiveness, and root cause analysis. Coordinates the implementation of corrective actions and preventive measures as needed.
10. Provide input and approval in QC inspection methods as needed.
11. Act as Change Review Board chair person and Quality reviewer/approver for change management activities.
12. Review Bill of Material (BOMs), Assembly Procedures, Drawings, and Component Specification for accuracy.
13. Monitor the manufacturing of assigned products, ensuring compliance with DMR while providing deviation/waiver guidance. Ensures complete and correct Device History Records are maintained through DHR review and periodic audits.
14. Participate in the development and execution of training programs (GMP, risk analysis, statistics, etc.) as needed. Supports continuous improvement and Global projects as needed.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
1. Requires a Bachelors degree and a minimum of 5 years related experience with competence in the selection and use of Quality Engineering Tools and Techniques.
2. Must posses effective written and verbal communication skills.
3. Requires strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Word, etc.).
4. Must have a expert knowledge of the interpretation and application of relevant Domestic and International Regulations and Industry Standards (ISO, QSR, UL, CSA, VDE, etc.).
5. Certification in one of the following is highly desired: CQE, CSQE, CRE, CQA, CBA, or Six Sigma Green Belt.
Please be aware that recruitment related scams are on the rise. Fraudulent job postings are being placed on other websites, and individuals posing as bioMérieux Talent Acquisition team members are reaching out via email or text message in an attempt to collect your personal and confidential information. In some cases, these scammers are also conducting bogus interviews prior to extending fraudulent offers of employment. Beware of individuals reaching out using general phone numbers and non-bioMerieux email domains (i.e. Hotmail.com, Gmail.com, Yahoo.com, etc.). If you are concerned that an interview experience or offer of employment might be a scam, please make sure you are searching for the posting on our careers site https://careers.biomerieux.com/ or contact us at [email protected].
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).