A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 45 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
We are seeking a Field Application Specialist (FAS) to join our UK/Ireland Customer Service team! The Field Application Specialist is responsible for providing technical support, demonstrations, training, and troubleshooting for automated laboratory equipment, consumables, and manual product ranges either on customer site or at bioMérieux training facilities.
This position will be based ideally in the Bristol area covering the Midlands, Wales and South West territory.
What will your responsibilities be within bioMérieux?
- Provide high level and quality on-site or offsite training for customers within the designated area and across other territories as required. Participate in training for customers or members of staff at bioMérieux training facilities as required.
- Provide full technical support of designated product range to include investigation and troubleshooting. Technical support includes pre-sales activities, such as on-site product presentations and demonstrations, and participate at exhibitions as requested. Provide technical support for sales and marketing staff in the organization and performance of on-site evaluations and trials. Comprehensive reports to be prepared as requested.
- Liaise with LIMS providers and work with their personnel as well as customer IT personnel to establish interface and network connections between bioMérieux systems and LIMS systems.
- Ensure effective customer coverage within the designated territory and across other territories as required, by accurate identification of customer needs, efficient planning and placing relevant priority on visits. Record all activities in appropriate calendars and generate reports for each activity in various UK and corporate IT applications in a timely fashion.
- Maintain product, technical and professional knowledge. Attend company and external training courses and meetings. Keep abreast of relevant scientific literature. Be familiar with all relevant company technical manuals and literature.
Who are you ?
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in the fields of Biology, Microbiology or Molecular Biology or similar education with previous experience in a similar position.
- You are autonomous and highly self-driven
- You have solid communication skills and enjoy being role that requires training and coaching customers
- You are customer and solution oriented
- You have good time management skills with a sense for urgency and are able to identify when to escalate critical issues that you encounter
- You are a teamplayer
- Willingness to travel throughout the designated territory and other territories as needed
What do we offer?
An exciting and enriching experience in an international, world leading company along with training, a company car or car allowance, a competitive compensation and benefits package and opportunities for career development.
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.