Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
The purpose of this job is to develop strategies, oversee, manage and execute campaigns and events that drive awareness of Corporate brand to our most important brand ambassadors-our employees-and promote our initiatives externally to our local communities and healthcare industry. Using communications and marketing strategies, this position will drive targeted internal employee and external customer communications and engagement initiatives.
- Develop and execute a communication strategy into ongoing external and internal communications campaigns.
- Provide communications counsel and support to internal partners (e.g. Marketing, Human Resources, GA&MA, Medical Affairs, Sales, Service) for communications to internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner with Corporate communications, Marketing & GA/MA on growing, expanding and developing the company's presence internally and externally through Twitter, LinkedIn, and other strategically relevant digital platforms and channels, all evaluated by ongoing metrics and effectiveness benchmarks.
- Foster ongoing community awareness and engagement of bioMérieux and corporate initiatives.
- Lead the implementation of communication digital solutions, i.e; Canadian website, customer portal, etc.
- Use business insights and corporate priorities to tailor internal communications and engagement plans for Canada.
- Budget Management: Track and process the engagement marketing-related costs to ensure payment and timely processing. Is in charge of the agency and PR partners.
- Analytics: Using measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Engagement events:
- Lead, develop and manage internal meetings for Canada including, employees events, Leadership and sales meeting.
- Partner with internal partners for customer events, i.e Symposium, Adboard, etc.
Typical Studies-Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or other relevant degree
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience work experience in a communications role, in managing events
- Skills and Qualifications:
- Effective, polished verbal and written communication skills. French & English required.
- Proven track record of delivering impactful communications, including content development and tailoring/targeting communications for different audiences. Ability to turn complex ideas into stories and visual concepts easily understood by a broad audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills; Proven ability to work across functions and on teams.
- Proven track record of developing impactful and engaging events
- Excellent research, interpretive writing, editing, proofreading, and presentation skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Work and produce well-written and accurate communications under pressure and deliver to deadlines consistently. Ability to write both short and long form content.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work within a matrix organization to get things done.
- Ability to think proactively, collaborate effectively and participate in project teams and to work independently with a focus on quality and productivity.
- Proficiency and strong competencies in technology- and service-based solutions; Knowledge of new/emerging technologies and how to use them (Drupal, Adobe platforms (including AEM), Analytics platforms, Internal email platforms, MS Office Suite (including SharePoint), Social Media technologies, familiarity with web editing, web design.
- Basic knowledge of video and photography production.