Location: Bogota, Colombia
Position Type: Unfixed Term
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 45 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
1 Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
Manage the market access activities for the company’s IVD products, with a specific focus on pricing and reimbursement, together with a key role in the decision support activity – delivering analyses for transversal strategic initiatives of the company, within the company’s Global Marketing.
2 Main Accountabilities:
Market access’ side:
Centralize the market access expertise at a global level regarding IVD products (Microbiology, ImmunoAssays and Molecular Diagnostics) with a specific focus on pricing and reimbursement, linked with health technology assessment (HTA) activities
Provide upper management with recommendations regarding the optimal pricing strategies for existing products and services and also reimbursement strategies for the company’s innovative products
Benchmark on competitive approaches of market access for innovative IVD products
Build and manage a network of market access experts to keep up-to-date regarding market access evolutions (regulatory changes, new policies, stakeholders mapping…)
Build and manage a network of external agencies able to perform market access studies on a global scale
Decision support’s side:
Lead high level analyses related to the company’s transversal strategic initiatives, so as to support the decision-making process
Present these analyses in the most impacting format: straight-to-the-point oral presentations, visual PowerPoint presentations, or other relevant formats
3 Typical Studies-Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Master degree in a science/business-related field, with 5 years minimum experience in strategic marketing and market access in the healthcare industry (preferentially within the IVD industry). A knowledge of the IVD/Clinical market, customers and the company’s business
- Successful track record of interacting closely with Global and Regional functions (Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Marketing, Business Development, R&D and Projects…)
- International experience is a must
3.2 Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong leadership skills to convince, persuade, obtain an audience adhesion ; Team spirit; Analytical and synthetic mindset / Sense of time and priorities management
- Good communication and presentation skills and ability to deliver complex information into a simplified manner for different audiences
- Ability to deep-dive into technical topics and to deliver high-level and easy to understand analyses
- Knowledge of methodological tools for strategic analyses linked to a true business oriented mindset
4 Scope and Resources Accountability, Typical Performance Indicators:
- Scope and Resources Accountability: global and regional scope. Could manage a market access team / individual contributors
- Financial Indicators (revenue, budget, etc.): DSMI Market Access budget
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Definition of pricing & reimbursement roadmap for High Medical Value markers to be launched, evidence generation roadmap, ability to onboard other internal stakeholders, respect of budget and timelines, high quality and clarity of analyses.
- Key Contacts (internal/external) and Interfaces: Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Marketing, Business Development, R&D and Projects
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.