Clinical Account Manager: Biofire/Lumed - Eastern Canada
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: St Laurent, Canada
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Sales & Key Account Management
Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
The purpose of this job is to maintain and establish growth of the diagnostic customer base and create new business opportunities through the placement of instruments (with service programs) and reagents leading to increased revenues for the company. The Account Manager is directly responsible to achieve or exceed sales/product mix targets of allocated territory/product ranges/services by driving new business revenue with existing and potential customers.
- Build and maintain relationships in order to promote instrumentation and reagents sales, insuring customer relationships are optimized to achieve sales targets and budget, while keeping the overview about the sales territory in terms of understanding the opportunities, risks and competition’s activities.
- Ensure a sufficient number of visits to customers, respecting the objectives set in the territory. Respect the basics of the bioMérieux Sales Excellence principles.
- Execute the SBO meeting plans of actions as agreed with Sales Management.
- Develop own sales skills & knowledge of the products, services and customers by working closely with Senior Sales Management and more experienced sales representatives.
- Interact cross-departmental co-operation, leading to best possible and efficient team work.
- Prepare quotations, proposals, tenders for review by Senior Management prior to negotiation with customers.
- Report on sales, activity and territory performance as required by organization.
- Keep the Sales Force Automation (CRM tool) tool daily and correctly up-to-date (customer address, contacts, opportunities, activities..).
- Ensure sales activities comply with legal and ethical standards as well as company policies
Studies and Experience:
- BS/BA degree in Science / Business related field. Biology, Bacteriology, premedical or medical degree preferred
- Sales experience required
- Minimum of 3 - 6 years selling experience, capital equipment sales preferred or experience working in laboratory environment, and/or previous life science sales experience.
- Experience working in laboratory environment or previous life sciences sales experience.
- Strong knowledge of bioMérieux product ranges/services/solutions an asset, and Sales strategy, IVD market and competition understanding. Sales results orientation and integration of the selling process and sales tools. Very good organization, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Team spirit. Good computer literacy.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Fluent French and English communication skills required
- Strong business acumen along with demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct
- Ability to convince, persuade and influence
- Ability to adapt in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to turn complexity into simplicity, prioritize, decide and execute
- Ability to connect, facilitate and lead multifunctional team work, project management
- Excellent integrator & negotiator. Able to effectively influence C-Suite. Ability to judge competitive response to sales strategy and make appropriate adjustments
- Ability to work out a profitability scheme for the company and the customers
- Strong interpersonal skills, and good ability to communicate and present
- Solution oriented, creative
Scope and Resources Accountability, Typical Performance Indicators:
- Scope and Resources Accountability: Territory revenuesTerritory sales growth, customer portfolio, expected travelling in the territory of approx. 30%
- Financial Indicators (revenue, budget, etc.): Budget A/B territory, Budget A/B strategic lines, forecasting accuracy
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): Budget A/B number of visits measured in impact (quarterly), specific product mix growth and revenue goals.
- Key Contacts (internal/external) and Interfaces: Internal (Sales leaders, territory sales force and ComOps organization) - External ( Customers, Key Accounts, IVD actors…).