A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 45 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
Our Colombia subsidiary is looking for a Field IT Expert who will work within the Customer Service department and will report to the Customer Service Manager.
The Field Data IT Engineer is part of the backbone of our Customer Service workforce. He will take care of our customers by bringing our Data-IT solutions to their full potential.
We need your expertise to support and deploy our Data-IT solutions in the compliance of the security aspects of health care data.
What will be your responsibilities within BioMérieux ?
- Pre-sales phase:
- Support sales team in tender processes
- Support on request with demos and expertise on Lab organization
- Creates concepts for dataflow and connectivity
- Implementation phase:
- Assess and optimize customer workflow
- Manage Installation of IT solution, instruments and hosts connection and verify / qualify connectivity
- Configuration / Testing
- Support phase :
- Be the first level support of customer in case of question and issue
- Manage field intervention
- Update and upgrade IT solutions (server, PC)
- Supports the product life cycle by improving Product serviceability
- Promote HL7 connections to our customers and partners
- Contribute to action plans for critical situations and or contribute to task force
- Collaborate with our partners (LIS & HIS companies, Patient files, …) to improve communication and data exchange
Who are you ?
- Bachelor degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent professional work experience
- At least 2 years of working experience in Information Technology.
- Background in data management : middleware, interoperability and connectivity to health IT solutions
- Background in network principles (IP/Subnet mask / Gateway / routing / Firewall / VLAN / …)
- Experience in Windows OS installation and maintenance and in Virtual Machines.
- Significant experience with data protection regulations (GDPR, HIPAA) and cybersecurity
- LIS or IVD Experience is a plus: understand the laboratory workflow, analyzers connections.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and SAP is a plus.
- Myla, Vilink or any bioMérieux system knowledge would be highly appreciated
- Curious, able to learn by him/herself, open to new technologies.
- Customer driven
- Ability to analyze, recommend, and challenge proposals to create the most effective solutions.
- Good written and oral communication, efficiency to deliver clear messages,
- Team player,
- Sense of autonomy and (self-)discipline,
- Good organizational skills/ability to multi-task.
- Agility and capacity to work under pressure and in a moving and challenging environment.
- Fluent in English: oral and written.
- Willing to travel: up to 40 to 60%
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.