Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Engineering
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network. This includes our SLC site, formerly known as BioFire Diagnostics.
This position requires technical skill and the ability to assemble electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic parts to build manufacturing process equipment. This includes but is not limited to reading and interpreting electrical schematics, routing wires and tubing, inspecting parts, troubleshoot issues to identify and articulate needed changes. This position is very hands-on and utilizes work instructions, assembly drawings, and uses a variety of hand and power tools to assemble various equipment.
Planning, Organization, and Execution
a. Work within a team structure to effectively support the BioMerieux equipment build objectives.
b. Accept and balance assignments to accomplish equipment build objectives
c. Identify obstacles in the equipment build process and assist in removing them in a timely fashion.
d. Coordinate with other team members to ensure that the builds are set up for success.
e. Follow documentation and instruction to build sub-assemblies and top-level equipment, typically includes mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical systems.
2. Training and development
a. Ensure all work is completed in compliance with company policies and within the guidelines of Biomerieux’s Quality Management System.
b. Be willing to learn training and mentoring skills, and practice/demonstrate skills within a team.
c. Strive to achieve individual and team goals and objectives.
3. Coordination and communication
a. Establish and maintain good relationships with team members and other teams within the support equipment build structure.
b. Communicate the status of builds and timelines effectively with a team environment.
c. Receive instruction and report concerns and barriers to completing assigned work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge, special skills, and/or abilities required to perform the job functions.
1. Planning/Organizing - Must have the ability to effectively plan, organize, coordinate, assigned assignments with assistance as needed.
2. Problem Solving – Identifies problems in a timely manner; working with management and team to gather and analyze information; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
3. Troubleshooting – Ability to identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions with assistance as needed.
4. Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to verbal or written instruction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
5. Ability to work with team members to coordinate activities and assigned responsibilities.
6. Proficient interpersonal/relationship skills; able to communicate effectively with team members, written and verbally.
7. Communicate and present information in team meetings.
8. Proficiency in MS Office applications (Project, Power Point, Outlook, and Excel)
9. Able to identify and articulate needed changes to components and assemblies.
Education Requirement: High School Diploma or GED
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Ability to remain in stationary position, often standing, for prolonged periods.
Ability to ascend/descend stairs, ladders, ramps, and the like.
Ability to wear PPE correctly most of the day.
Ability to adjust or move objects up to 50 pounds in all directions.
Please be aware that recruitment related scams are on the rise. Fraudulent job postings are being placed on other websites, and individuals posing as bioMérieux Talent Acquisition team members are reaching out via email or text message in an attempt to collect your personal and confidential information. In some cases, these scammers are also conducting bogus interviews prior to extending fraudulent offers of employment. Beware of individuals reaching out using general phone numbers and non-bioMerieux email domains (i.e. Hotmail.com, Gmail.com, Yahoo.com, etc.). If you are concerned that an interview experience or offer of employment might be a scam, please make sure you are searching for the posting on our careers site https://careers.biomerieux.com/ or contact us at [email protected].
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).