Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direction and leadership to manufacturing maintenance technicians supporting production of regulated medical devices, products and sub-assemblies.
- Works with the Manufacturing Maintenance Technician Supervisor on planning and resource allocation to assure optimum utilization of personnel and material resources to meet or exceed production, team, individual, and business objectives.
- Accurately appraise strengths and weaknesses, provide constructive feedback, and works with management to reinforce individual and team performance.
- Exhibits a high level of organization and attention to detail.
- As a subject matter expert, conducts competency training for the assigned area(s).
- Works closely with operations management to identify and implement improvements to manufacturing processes.
- Communicates effectively up and down through the organization, laterally, and within the teams they support.
- Sustain efforts in the area of responsibility and within the department. Develop a thorough understanding of the assigned production areas to identify improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for assisting production with technical issues such as training and troubleshooting production related issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope and complexity. Generally, works on a team with other technicians and at times engineers.
- Uses engineering concepts, company SOPs/WIDs, department SOPs/WIDs to assist in a variety of difficult technical tasks.
- Assists the Manufacturing Maintenance Technician Supervisor by recommending direction involving the repair, maintenance, continual improvement, and related to equipment that supports production.
- May provide mentoring for other technicians and receives mentoring from Engineers of all levels and Management.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policy and within the guidelines of Biomerieux Quality System.
- Maintain records in compliance with regulatory requirements, current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Provide on time delivery of repairs by executing planned activities per the schedule.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of assigned areas.
- Provide or procure training to accomplish overall objectives.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by management.
Training and Education: High School diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree in a scientific/technical discipline preferred
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in directly related field/role preferred. Must have previous troubleshooting and hands on repair experience. Previous experience in a fast-paced cGMP environment is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform complex repairs and act as an SME (subject matter expert) for the area. Ability to lead by example and train area technicians. Ability to develop, coordinate and implement multi-level individual and team-based tasks. Well-developed interpersonal communication skills. Managerial skills including: Computer literacy in spreadsheet and word processing software. Ability to write reports, work instructions, and training material.
- Conceptual and practical experience with Lean principles.
- Basic Knowledge in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook
- Considerable tact and human relations skills in interacting with all levels of management and site employees.
- Demonstrated willingness and desire to share job knowledge and experience.
- Strong problem-solving and negotiating skills.
- Strong knowledge of reliability-based maintenance.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Strong business acumen and ability to embrace and drive positive change within an organization.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with the following is preferred:
- Electrical systems
- Mechanical systems
- Hands on experience with repair