Location: Chicago, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Project/Program Management
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network. This includes our SLC site, formerly known as BioFire Diagnostics.
World leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 55 years, bioMérieux conceives, develops, produces and markets diagnostics solutions (systems, reagents, software and services) intended for clinical and industrial applications, which determine the origin of a disease or a contamination to improve the health of patients and insure consumer safety.
bioMérieux is present in 43 countries and services more than 160 countries with the support of a large network of distributors. Its corporate headquarters are located in Marcy l’Etoile, near Lyon, in France.
Joining bioMérieux, is choosing to join an innovative company with a long term vision, committed to the service of public health and carried out with a humanistic corporate culture.
We look for candidates whose motivation is to invest in themselves, in the projects of the future, and to participate in a collective adventure led by a pioneering spirit.
We have the commitment to offer our collaborators a working environment which encourages team spirit, with priority given to training and development with international career opportunities.
Our Group offers numerous possibilities: so come and join the more than 13.000 bioMérieux employees who have already identified with these values!
We are looking for a Field IT engineer in the area of IT support, networking and information security to provide a premium technical consultancy and support to our clients.
· Design, test, maintain and troubleshoot networks and connectivity infrastructures for lab equipment growing client base
· Assure connectivity of the lab equipment to Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and coordinate external suppliers
· Develop a collaborative, positive relationship with clients that fosters cooperation and timely problem resolution, both on-site and/or remotely.
· Build implementation plan, present it to customers and act as an IT expert for all technical activities in link with the lab equipment in a customer facing environment
· Plan network infrastructure and security with regards to scalability and redundancy, conduct ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, resource optimization, and evaluate new technologies.
· Manage and own backup and software upgrades strategies both on and off-site.
· Contribute to, maintain, and document system standards and procedures.
· Adhere to and identify solutions that streamline or improve the internal workflow.
· Travel to client offices located in the USA to perform onsite infrastructure and user support.
· A Bachelor’s or Master Degree in Computer Science
· A minimum of 5 years of experience performing IT support duties or activities linked to networks. Proven track of records in a customer facing environment.
· In-depth knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy.
· Knowledge of Windows Servers and Workstations IS A MUST. Experience with Middleware and connectivity of lab equipments is A BIG PLUS
· Experience with Cloud services like AWS, Google Cloud or Azure as an advantage
· Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative team environment or independently with minimal direction.
· Display high-energy, self-motivation, flexibility and an ability to multitask and prioritize demands in a fast-paced environment. Must possess a keen attention to detail and an ability to work effectively under pressure.
· Excellent customer service skills and an ability to clearly explain technical issues to non-technical persons. Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally via phone, email and in person.
· Must be a very organized individual with the ability to clearly document their work in accordance with office procedures
· Home based can be considered. Proximity of a bioMerieux site as a strong advantage. USA East coast as a plus. Major international Airport closeby as a need.
Please be aware that recruitment related scams are on the rise. Fraudulent job postings are being placed on other websites, and individuals posing as bioMérieux Talent Acquisition team members are reaching out via email or text message in an attempt to collect your personal and confidential information. In some cases, these scammers are also conducting bogus interviews prior to extending fraudulent offers of employment. Beware of individuals reaching out using general phone numbers and non-bioMerieux email domains (i.e. Hotmail.com, Gmail.com, Yahoo.com, etc.). If you are concerned that an interview experience or offer of employment might be a scam, please make sure you are searching for the posting on our careers site https://careers.biomerieux.com/ or contact us at [email protected].
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).