A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 45 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
The Application Specialist Industry will provide technical support, training, troubleshooting, scheduled fine tunings of instrument updates or upgrade, contribution to technical components of RFP’s/Tenders/Proposals and consultation to internal and external industrial customers (end-user and subsidiary) for diagnostic test systems marketed by bioMérieux. An Application Specialist Industry promotes teamwork and cooperation, removes barriers which affect productivity, creates an enthusiastic/positive work environment and practices good work ethic.
What will your responsibilities be within bioMérieux?
- Coordinate and provide technical ongoing support to bioMérieux systems and reagents : pre-installation, technical installation, configurations, connections, training on customer site
- Identify internal and external Food and HPC customer training needs, evaluation of proposed solutions, development of documentation and implementation plans, and successful execution based on established timelines.
- Exhibit mindset of value addition toward food and HPC customers, growing industry portfolio through active communication with sales
- Answer internal and external customer inquiries and ensure documentation in ERP system ; consulting as appropriate with Other Application Specialist, Hotline Service Engineer, Field Service Engineers, Management, Global Customer Support and Customer Complaint Management Center ; being the interface between customers, Quality & Regulatory Affairs Managers and Authorities concerning vigilance processes (FSCA, FCA…) ensuring the follow up and documentation of these processes
- Provide consistent follow up of the Installed Base to ensure customer satisfaction and meet minimum key performance indicators.
- Being a technical referent on his/her product ranges for customers/local/global, works closely together with GCS and sometimes with R&D, and being identified as a key expert on his/her area
- Able to contribute actively to the organization of Symposium or Customers Workshop (part of the Service offer), having a network of KOL
- Monitor the profitability of each solution/systems working closely together with SE and Sales Reps, and propose concrete actions related to support to increase the profitability (technical support, trainings...)
- Demonstrate problem solving and troubleshooting skills for remote/phone support as well as on-site application support
- Perform on-call duties as needed to provide 24-hour technical support to South Africa customers
- Complete projects and tasks in support of organization objectives
- Complete weekly call reports in CRM Salesforce.
- Serve as consultant and trainer for coworkers, taking on a higher level role when requested by management or as needed.
- Grow selected promoted products (SBS A, etc.,) & service contracts.
Who are you?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences or related field with microbiology (eg food technology, microbiology, biotechnology)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in micro laboratory, QC, Sales, Application and Training operations, workflow analysis at customer labs
- Advanced Technical expertise, good learner, leadership, customer & business oriented, empathy, teamwork with global and local teams, knowledge on accreditation when relevant for the market, flexibility and availability
- Formal training and/or experience with ISO system etc.
- Proficient with Windows OS and MS Office programs. Experience with running digital laboratory equipment and quality data analysis. CRM Salesforce experience will be an advantage.
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills such as excellent verbal and written capabilities. Patient, well-spoken and can articulate. Must be able to explain complex steps in a process.
- Exhibit good independent decision-making ability, including problem resolution
- Ability to run expert sessions (i.e. Installation Qualification) upon the needs of the customers
- Demonstrate ability to develop and transfer working knowledge
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.