- The Industry Business Manager (Malaysia) has the overall responsibility to oversee and manage Accounts/customers and activities in order to ensure the achievement of the company's sales targets under the bioMerieux (BMX) Industry business. He/she will be also responsible for carrying out all administrative tasks as requested by Management. Required to travel for training and sales development.
- This is an indivisual contributor role which will work closely with the Head of ASEAN South (Industrial Microbiology), Marketing, Customer Service and Distributor teams.
Main Job Responsibilities:
Sales & Service
- Be accountable for the achievement of the Sales budget and all Objectives set for the year. Perform actions throughout the year to ensure the achievement of results in terms of sales and other defined KPIS
- Provide and discuss the Sales Budget with manager . Ensure a detailed understanding and acceptance of the Sales Budget .
- Focus on month by month delivery of the results through optimised quality and quantity of targeted customer calls. Utilization of CRM for creation of weekly work plans, monitoring of efforts – quantity and direction, maintaining opportunities updated.
- Develop an action plan for regional coverage so that all existing and potential customers are met at regular intervals and that adequate cold calls, suspect calls and prospect calls are planned for the period to develop the potential pipeline.
- Attend regular team meetings with clear pre-determined objectives. Use these meetings to analyse sales, trends, issues and to put in place action plans for specific customers and Self . Document all such meetings.
- Ensure that self is well prepared before every call to maximise the effectiveness of the call.
- Focus to develop and close large business accounts wherever required through effective integration of individual strengths within the Team.
- Manage the channel partner network of the Region in cooperation with the Manager - Distribution. Evaluate the requirement for new channel partners, recommend, set business objectives, monitoring of achievements.
- Gain a clear understanding of the Pricing document and maintain the sanctity of the Company pricing policies. Inculcate a “good business” sensibility in the Team members and determine all discounts keeping Company objectives in focus.
- Accurately forecast sales on a month by month basis using precise market and customer information, validated Pipeline projections and knowledge of the opportunities.
- Participate in yearly and half-yearly Performance Appraisals according to the Company guidelines. Identify improvement areas in individuals in the Team and advise on training and development needs.
- Be fully aware of and stringently follow all Company Policies, principles and SOPs and ensure that all Team members also do the same. Recommend desired changes to such SOPs and procedures as and when considered necessary to the process owners.
- Optimally manage the expenses. Adequate scrutiny and prompt approvals of expenses to be undertaken.
- Systematically ensure that complete documentation is done and maintain all records of official correspondence and documentation including proposals, customer pricelists, reports, in the local office.
- Represent the Company at various seminars and conferences, as and when required, and effectively handle PR at such gatherings to enhance the Brand.
- Ensure ethical and compliant behaviour at all times of self and Team members.
Education and Experience (in years)