A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 45 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
We are looking for a Global Strategic Marketing Manager dedicated to the Pharmaceutical industry markets, with worldwide responsibilities. You will belong to the Pharma Quality Control (QC) Business Unit of the Industrial Microbiology Unit of bioMérieux that offers holistic quality control expertise and solutions to pharma, biotech, CDMO manufacturers, ultimately helping them provide patients with critical therapies more quickly and safely.
bioMérieux ambitions to develop strategies to go beyond its leadership position in Microbiology by investing in highly dynamic markets and in innovative technological platforms bringing pharmaceutical quality control testing at the next level.
Reporting to the Global Marketing Director, you are managing a team of 2 to 3 segment mangers specialized in strategic markets (eg, Cell & Gene Therapies, Bioproduction) and market analyst. Leading the definition and execution of an actionable marketing strategy for key market segments and being driven by the “Voice of the customer”, you will contribute to make effective decisions, to achieve the pharma industry strategy and growth ambition.
What will your responsibilities be at bioMérieux ?
- Marketing strategic planning (vision)
- Define and carry the marketing vision (key topics, orientation, roadmap), consolidate annual guidelines, coordinate with global solution managers and prepare strategies to achieve growth in pharma QC markets
- Determine the global value proposition and identify possibility of evolution
- Identify and propose adjustment to offerings according to customers' expectations in close collaboration with global solution managers and local teams, and ensure portfolio adequacy with the company's strategy
- Assess concepts through advisory boards or market discovery
- Drive efforts to create and maintain standardized marketing plan efficiency reporting and dashboard
- Fuel actionable and impactful marketing plans in support of the local Account teams business objectives, in close collaboration with Regions and local Marketing teams
- Brand our value provider identity properly talking to the right key customer stakeholders (Production, Industrialization, Quality, IS, Finance, C-suite…) with the right messages. Lead segment marketing communication roadmap and campaigns in close relationship with Regions/Subs, scientific affairs and communication teams.
- Define how to use Marketing Intelligence & Competitive intelligence to define the marketing plans
- Look for all relevant best practices and innovations to adjust the Marketing Plan (Segment, Marketing Plan) and recommend portfolio evolution in close collaboration with Scientific Affairs and R&D team.
- Reinforce account based marketing activities in collaboration with global and regional Strategic & Global Key Account Team
Market and Customer segmentation
- Define the customer segments based on market analysis and customer insights
- Identify and quantify market potential of each new market segment, new opportunity and offer application
- Define market access strategy and tactics
- Market and customer intelligence
- Provide the “Competitive & Market Intelligence data” team with guidelines, tools and knowledge to angle the market and customer analysis, and to support business development
- Lead market analytics, build market models and provide data to fill business cases and business plans. Communicate throughout the company on insights, market knowledge, trends, marketing orientations.
- External growth strategy (M&A invest., Partnerships..)
- Spot interesting companies for M&A and build full report about identified companies
- Establish and execute the marketing strategy, content and supports from partners
- Monitor partners performance and yearly reassess the partnership strategy
- Manage your marketing team through on-going commercial transformation processes and develop people in their own expertise and leadership while fostering excellent team spirit
Who are you ?
- Dual post-graduate degree in Science and Marketing, with 7 - 10 years of experience/skills in Marketing B to B, especially in terms of offer development and marketing strategy. Having > 3 year experience in global marketing function or pharmaceutical industry or life sciences is a plus.
- Solid experience in running successful marketing strategy
- Ability to manage international teams and to federate them around a common project/objective
- Ability to take decisions based on 80/20 analysis (e.g. market analysis)
- Politically aware and able to work sensitively where necessary. Able to achieve results through networking and influencing as well as by more direct means. Able to establish priorities and deliver commitments on time (result and progress oriented)
- Listening skill; Service attitude (internally, externally)
- Product and offer knowledge
- Analytical skills
- You are fluent in English, and French is a plus.
- You are willing to travel both domestically and internationally when the sanitary conditions will allow it. (20%)
This position is located in Craponne (Lyon area, France).
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.