Accounting, Reporting, & Tax Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: St Laurent, Canada
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Finance
Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
Manage and proactively support all tax, accounting and reporting activities of bMx Canada in compliance with all bioMérieux corporate guidance and local regulations in Canada, providing strong support to the bMx Canada CFO and other internal stakeholders, and in close coordination with NORAM and Corporate Consolidation department.
- Coordinate and support the monthly, quarterly and yearly closing and reporting activities for bMx Canada using the Group’s tools dedicated to that purpose and working closely with the other areas of the Finance Department and the Company to ensure the accuracy of the accounting data, while guaranteeing the corporate deadlines.
- Prepare all Québec and Canadian tax obligations (sales tax recovery and billing of GST, HST, QST, PST-BC-, corporate tax, T4, RL-1) with the support of the external tax firm to determine, under the CFO's responsibility, the deductions that may apply.
- Prepare reconciliations and financial statements as well as comparisons to budget and prior year, ensuring the accuracy of accounting data (provisions, month-end entries, other) to ensure timely reporting in the Group’s tools dedicated to that purpose.
- Manage directly all accounting activities (posting and/or journal entries) related to the group of accounts under their responsibility (including but not limited to, NORA, COGS, Inventory, Doubtful Debtors Provision, Warranty Provision, Other Charges, …)
- Work closely with the CFO to ensure compliance with all local and corporate regulations and the Internal Control Manual, adapt the local procedures, create mitigating controls and perform periodic and/or permanent effectiveness tests.
- Coordinate and support external and internal audits (financial, statutory, Canada Revenue Agency, Revenu Quebec, …).
- Act as an SAP referent for the FI module, and escalates on behalf of the department if necessary
Studies and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with at least 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of Quebec and Canadian tax laws.
- Collaborative experience in an international environment is an asset.
- Knowledge of payroll procedures and processes.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong English and French communication skills required
- Strong analytical capabilities to solve complex problems, provide accurate analysis and provide concise reports.
- Organizational capacity, attention to accuracy and flexibility, timeliness and autonomy.
- Shows strong commitment to the continuous improvement processes
- Ability to work with different departments/organizational layers
- Adaptability, flexibility, and ability to work in an international environment
- Time and priorities management / Rigor
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Advanced Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint) and
- Advanced knowledge of the ERP SAP, especially the FI module