A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 45 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
CDD Buyer – 7 months
Collaborate with the Category Manager and Purchasing Manager to define and implement bioMérieux’ Purchasing Strategies for the Professional Services categories within your scope. You are accountable for their deployment across the Company and ensuring that any local activity is conducted in accordance with the category strategies.
What will be your mission at bioMérieux?
- Design, develop and communicate the purchasing category strategies under your responsibility and drive the implementation through bioMérieux’s organization (global responsibility). Master assigned categories in terms of cost models, benchmarks, market trends, LCC options, product technical roadmaps, and target costing;
- Lead the cross functional team that works at defining the category strategies under their responsibility;
- Negotiate Terms and Conditions/Local Contracts; Manage Frame Agreements; Review and approve purchase orders; Manage contract compliance and execution; ; Manage and resolve potential claims/litigious situations with suppliers; Escalate the major contractual non-performances; Manages supply changes; Defines the terms of the supplier relationship;
- Prepare and lead suppliers’ price, contracts and Long Term Agreement negotiations;
- Conduct and manage Supplier Panel Business Risk analysis. Defines Supplier Panel and drive its implementation (including approval of suppliers, jointly with the contributing functions, when not approved). Manage the performance of the Supplier Panel of your categories and perform regular Supplier Performance reviews (includes also the follow up of corrective action plans and continuous improvement plans);
- Prepare and lead the negotiation with the suppliers on yearly QCD performance targets. Prepare and lead periodic management reviews (local and global QCD performance status, strategic positioning evaluation, business perspectives, strategic product/market developments). Define and manage long-term QCD improvement initiatives. Mobilize relevant bioMérieux resources to capture and implement Suppliers’ innovation and QCD improvement ideas.
Who are You ?
- University degree with a specialization in Purchasing, you have a minimum of 3 years of experience in Purchasing
- Cross-functional leadership, ability to work in project mode
- Team oriented, autonomous, fact-oriented, curious
- Ability to work and to synthesize complex subjects
- Fluent English required
- Good command of IT tools incl.Excel & Power Point, SAP a plus.
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.