A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 45 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network.
Come and join a family-owned global company with a long-term vision, and a human-centered culture.
As Iberic Medical Director reporting to the Iberic VP you will serve as leader/sponsor for strategic cross-functional initiatives, squads, and integrated medical teams. You will enable agile ways of working, removing barriers, and ensuring resource stewardship and optimization. You will provide coaching and build capabilities for customer (both internally and externally) and disease area teams and finally, you will serve as bioMérieux medical expert and representative, also internally and externally.
What will be you main missions?
- Support cluster strategy and define priorities to identify and solve medical needs leading bioMérieux diagnostic solutions, being accountable of specific IVD portfolio solutions (Syndromic solutions, AMR- AMS & Sepsis)
- Develop and maintain the highest scientific and medical knowledge in the relevant fields and be acknowledged internally and externally as an expert and provide medical support to them as well as contribute to the development of high-impact training and train/coach to bioMérieux comercial teams to ensure they can promote the medical value of bioMérieux solutions.
- Implement and execute medical affairs strategy for the main product ranges, driving activities that will lead to successful launches and post-launch successful delivery on the defined objectives for the product.
- Support Principal Investigators and follows up on Investigator-Initiated Study proposals aligned with bioMérieux areas of interest.
- Lead actions to increase the scientific/medical visibility of the company: publications, symposia/conferences, workshops, medical advisory board meetings, alone or in collaboration with professional/medical/patient societies, and associations.
- Build and develop peer-to-peer relationships with the relevant Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), scientific societies, and patient associations to promote the value of diagnostics and improved patient management, in particular around Sepsis, Anti-Microbial Resistance/Stewardship, and the syndromic approach.
- Support company commercial objectives, such as marketing and other stakeholders in the company, ensuring compliance and regulatory alignment.
- Lead the MSL team to achieve excellent results.
- Ensure efficient cross-functional collaboration with the cluster leadership team.
Who are you?
- MD and an degree in health science (Master or PhD) highly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of hospital/clinical/medical environment and able to challenge medical needs and assess hazards associated to patient care.
- Proven expertise in Infectious Diseases, Acute Care or Critical Care and at least 3 years of experience in medical affairs in the IVD or pharma industry will be valued.
- Proven experience in medical/scientific activities including research, clinical trials…
- Fluent in Spanish and English oral & written/scientific & colloquial, Portugues will be valued.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (both for scientific communication and education purposes).
- Strong business acumen, and robust understanding of the regulatory space.
- Management and leadership skills with minimum 5 years of proven experience leading teams, preferably at Iberia scope.
- Able to take initiative, and be comfortable working both autonomously with minimal supervision and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Able to build relationship with internal stakeholders, to innovate and to demonstrate flexibility.
- Progressive mind-set, with ability to balance scientific, medical and commercial needs.
- Availability to travel both national and International (40% aprox)
bioMérieux welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.