Industry Account Manager: Pharma Quality Control - Ontario
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: St Laurent, Canada
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Sales & Key Account Management
Primary Purpose and Overall Objective of the Job:
The Industry Account Manager – Pharma quality Control job is to maintain and establish growth of the current microbiology customer base and create new business opportunities through the placement of instruments (with service programs) and reagents leading to increased revenues for the company. The Account Manager is directly responsible for achieving the territory sales goals and maintaining existing customers within a territory as defined by bioMerieux.
- Build and maintain relationship in order to meet/exceed the annualized sales objectives (equipment, reagents and service).
- Actively manage pipeline to ensure timing of closes matches monthly and quarterly forecasts. Monitor monthly sales for accuracy and define action plans to account for shortage towards goal achievement.
- Ensure optimal territory management by maintaining a sufficient number of visits to customers, respecting the objectives set for the territory and documenting all relevant activities/information into CRM 360 (Salesforce).
- Increase penetration (both commercial and relationship) within existing accounts.
- Continuously improve on own sales skills & knowledge of the products, services and customers by working closely with sales management, marketing manager and more experienced sales representatives.
- Keep Sales Force (CRM tool) up to date daily including all relevant information (ex: opportunities close & product dates, contact reviewed, competitive assets, etc…)
- Adopt a team approach, work with team in pursuing common goals.
- Provide technical expertise/assistance in product line as required in sales process
- Other accountabilities as assigned
- University degree in Business or Science
- Microbiology knowledge and/or knowledge of Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance and/or operations preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience with a proven track record, capital sale equipment preferred
- Knowledge of bioMerieux products preferred, but not required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and French required
- Have excellent sales skills and a history of proven sales success in complex projects (i.e: multi-instruments involving several stakeholders)
- Understanding of the sales process and sales analysis.
- Very good organization, people, and communication skills
- Excellent presenting skills to all levels of decision makers
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to develop financial proposals
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple opportunities within a strategic territory
- Strong capacity to influence