Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Manufacturing
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network. This includes our SLC site, formerly known as BioFire Diagnostics.
1. External candidates must have a good understanding of contamination prevention and experience operating automated equipment.
2. Experience with electronic documentation systems is preferred.
3. Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
Check the highest-level education required (must be job-related). Identify the discipline, where applicable:
High School Diploma or GED
Will work experience be accepted in lieu of a degree? Yes No
If yes, number of years of experience accepted in lieu of degree and type:
1. For internal candidates, a minimum of 6 months of manufacturing experience at Biomerieux is required.
a. Consideration will be given to applicants with less than 6 months of internal manufacturing experience if prior machine operator experience in a regulated manufacturing environment can be shown.
2. For external applicants, a minimum of 2 years as a machine operator in an FDA/ISO regulated manufacturing environment is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Must have good reading, writing, and oral communication and comprehension skills.
2. Must have a high attention to detail.
3. Must have good math skills.
4. Must be able to work in a team environment and have a positive, professional manner.
Please be aware that recruitment related scams are on the rise. Fraudulent job postings are being placed on other websites, and individuals posing as bioMérieux Talent Acquisition team members are reaching out via email or text message in an attempt to collect your personal and confidential information. In some cases, these scammers are also conducting bogus interviews prior to extending fraudulent offers of employment. Beware of individuals reaching out using general phone numbers and non-bioMerieux email domains (i.e. Hotmail.com, Gmail.com, Yahoo.com, etc.). If you are concerned that an interview experience or offer of employment might be a scam, please make sure you are searching for the posting on our careers site https://careers.biomerieux.com/ or contact us at [email protected].
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).